1930 studebaker President Reduced 32500

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 7:09 AM, RICHELIEUMOTORCAR said:

Boy that is a nice looking Studebaker. I have the same year and model only mine is a mess. My car has side mounts. These are now full CCCA cars correct?

Actually I believe this Studebaker is a "FH" President which is the smaller of the two presidents with a 125" wb. The larger President has 135" wb and it is only the larger "FE" President which is a full CCCA classic, not the smaller president.

7 hours ago, RICHELIEUMOTORCAR said:

I believe you are correct. I took another look at my car and it looks alot larger than this one, plus it has side mounts and get this, there are folding jump seats in the back so it's a 7 passenger. I thought that was neat. I never noticed the jump seats in the rear before but as I said, my car is rough from sitting for 60+ years so I have not really pulled the tarp off to inspect the car up close. I guess it's a pretty rare model with the jump seats?

Rich, I stand corrected. All 1928 (8cyl) through 1933 except Model 82 and 1934 Presidents are CCCA recognized with classic status, for some reason I had a brain lapse and only thought the large series Presidents were classics but I was wrong, the short wb versions are as well. Anyway, as far as the term "rare" goes, I would say they are a little less common, I've owned a few over the years and they are out there a little more than you'd think or expect, you just have to look for them. The last 7 passenger FE sedan I bought came from a ranch down the road from Hearst Castle, it was purchased by that family when new.

Edited by 24-6-51a (see edit history)

On 10/5/2018 at 9:22 AM, RICHELIEUMOTORCAR said:

I have been doing some research on these full classic model Studebakers. So far, I have not found another long wheelbase President model with folding jump seats in back. Have you actually seen one or know of one to exist besides mine? As I said, my car is a rough mess, however, I think it may be the last of it's kind.

You should look at your firewall and on the drivers side just above the steering column there should be a metal tag with raised numbers and letters about the size of a business card. 1st line should say something like "FE X2" or "FE X4" OR "FE M1" M2 OR M3. This designates that it is the large (FE) wheelbase President and which 7 passenger body style it is. The numbers on the second line will indicate which one it was in production, i.e. if it has "21" it was the 21st 7 passenger of all 7 passengers built, if it said for example "FE X2" 201 that would mean it was the 201st FE President 7 passenger State Sedan with dual sidemounts and wire wheels built. You should also have a large aluminum plate on the left front frame which should be between serial numbers 6,013,001-6,950,501. Studebaker had 3 Sedan body styles which had jump seats, there was the FE President 7 passenger sedan which had wood wheels and a rear mounted spare, the FE President State 7 passenger Sedan which had Dual Side mounted spares and wire wheels, a FE President 7 passenger State Limousine which had dual side mounted spares, wire wheels and Division window. No, it's not the last of its kind, they are not that common but they are out there, as I said before I have owned a couple, one I purchased from a Ranch a few miles down the road from Hearst Castle, there is a restored blue one I know of in Washington, the other one I owned went to Norway. There is one in the Gilmore Car Museum (see below in list order), a green restored one that sold at Barrett-jackson for $24k, A dark blue one that was at a Concourse in Ohio in 2002, another blue one under restoration currently in Salt Lake Utah, theres one in Oregon that always shows up to the Concourse up there, and these are  not even the ones listed owned by members of the Antique Studebaker Club roster. So as I said before, they are not that common, but they're out there.

20181006_050349.jpg

20181006_050324.jpg

cl1-02-4082.jpg

Screenshot_20181007-194304_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181007-194342_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181007-194454_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181006-012138_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20181007-114606_Messages.jpg

• Thanks 1

Well Oval Headlights started in 1931 which means they changed the model designation from FH and FE for the two President models to 80 and 90 series. In addition to the change in the oval headlamps, they eliminated the cowl lights which then became running lights on the top of the front fenders and the the shape of the radiator no longer was like the flat face Model A style but started to angle and a chrome strip came down the center of the radiator. You can look at the attached pictures and compare to other ones I posted. Best way to know for sure, and that some didnt just put different headlights on it is to look at the firewall tag and the serial number data plate on the left front frame. The information off of these two plates will tell us right away what you have.

Studebaker_President_90X_Eight_7-Passenger_Sedan_1931.jpg

studebaker-president-1931-11.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm amazed that this Studebaker President has not yet found a new home.

It is a Full Classic,

and exceptional restoration,

a great running car from a conscientious fastidious owner,

and at a very modest price.

I might even be able to help the buyer with transport if the time and location were right since I know the seller (Past-President of our AACA Chapter)

Somebody out there wants this car

On 1/14/2019 at 10:33 PM, Marty Roth said:

I'm amazed that this Studebaker President has not yet found a new home.

It is a Full Classic,

and exceptional restoration,

a great running car from a conscientious fastidious owner,

and at a very modest price.

I might even be able to help the buyer with transport if the time and location were right since I know the seller (Past-President of our AACA Chapter)

Somebody out there wants this car

Beautiful restored car that has had some really nice recent upgrading on it - but time for totally new photos and a new advertising post.

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)