17 hours ago, PWB said:

My goodness, Santa is comin' to town

I had no idea these used parts commanded these sums;

"Pan $250

Foam $100

Gear $250

Motor $400

Cables - extra"

Wasn't '72 a moon roof (solid panel), not a "sunroof"?  

Paul

Moonroof, sunroof, all these terms to me, mean the same - a hole cut in the roof to allow a simulated convertible experience.  There is a 73 on my local craigs list for $1500 that has the "moonroof", MaxTrac and posi (GS) and to be honest, I could care less about the moonroof option, MaxTrac.  I love 73 Rivieras.  For some reason I like them better than the 71-72's.  I like the front ends better and the boat tail design of the 73's.  

That seller feels he has a super rare car commanding the $1500.  He does, but the Max trac will probably never be operational again even if restored, and the moonroof is a curiosity at best.  With working A/C, and good ventilation, few owners care about that moon roof in my opinion. 

I have owned 5 1971-73 Boattails and the interiors are a bit dark and lack the airy-ness of the earlier Rivieras.  Therefore, again, not sure how much the option added to the driving pleasure of a 73.  To me, buckets, console, a GS, especially a Stage 1, that 3.42 posi, and rebuilt suspension with gas shocks and sway bar, is what I want.

These guys with these "rare" parts - like 2x4's posis and moonroofs, seem to believe there is an unlimited demand for the rare stuff.  Not for me.

EmTee    615

Also has the optional inverted air cleaner lid.  Good for another 5 HP and 3 dB of intake howl!  ;)