Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

Having owned two of these XX's, I can say that this one appears to be all there and none of the unique parts are missing.  If youre interested and would like to ask questions about XX's in general, send me a PM.

Ed

The seller of this 1973 Riviera found my name somehow and asked for help in where to advertise it.  This ad is taken from Auto Trader Classics.  I personally know nothing about the car.  In our correspondence, the lady seemed most forthcoming about the condition of the car.  What she told me is in the ad.  She gave her phone number to me.  If you think you'd like to talk to her, PM me and I"ll give her number to you.

Ed

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1973/buick/riviera/100947333

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Does anyone notice anything not quite kosher with this one?

Ed

One could deduce the wheeler dealers met the seller near his home and picked the Riv' up at a "neutral" place.

A bank...with Palm trees???

I realize the car is from the Carolinas and now is in Illinois. A story behind this one. 

I hope he's not getting robbed.

The-Secrets-of-Selling-Like-a-Skeazy-Slimy-Used-Car-Salesman.jpg

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

Post #542 was ebay link, I posted Chicago CL ad for same car.  Clasic-Old car type dealer. I've seen Buicks at too many of these kind of places and the sellers are simply not knowledgeable about our cars.  If it had disc brakes I'd expect at least a picture of it.  No data tag picture either, not sure it was originally black.  Door jams look painted with striker latch painted too.

24 minutes ago, bodayguy said:

That red one is interesting. Someone punched a chrome ring in the front fender? What is that?

And wire wheels on a GS. So the rally wheels were optional? Looks weird like that!

That's a key switch on the fender for a vintage alarm system. Not uncommon back in the day to put on fender especially on more expensive cars. Those wheel covers are wrong for the car. Looks like mid to late 70s vintage but I'm no expert on those.

Forgot to mention - yes the chrome wheels were optional. I believe the standard wheel cover was specific/different to the GS

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1968 Riv - $16,500

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/1968-buick-riviera-full/6565875671.html

MECHANICAL

Very nice original Riviera with much restoration work completed. Numbers matching, 430 ci, 4 bbl, 360 hp, 475 torque, 10.25:1 compression. Original Super Turbine ST-400 automatic transmission with 3.07 rear end gear. Complete top-to-bottom engine rebuild in 2017 with receipts, $9100. Runs smooth and strong. Front end rebuild in 2011 with receipts, $1500. Newer dual exhaust. Newer tires and brakes. AC converted to R134, just added fresh freon, blows hard and cold. Just changed all fluids and replaced tail shaft seal.

BODY/PAINT

Recent repaint in correct Arctic White, just a few small nicks. New Buckskin vinyl top to match original interior. Chrome bumpers still shiny. Scratched area on drivers side rear bumper shown in photo. Also one dime-size dimple on passenger side rear bumper. All body trim and badging very nice. Original Rally Wheels still shiny. Just added NOS Dorman chrome lug nuts on all four wheels. Fifth Buick Rally spare.

INTERIOR

PW, PS, Tilt, Buick wood steering wheel. Cruise control intermittent. All dash controls, dash lights, courtesy lights, climate control, original AM/FM radio, and 8-track are functional. I am currently having the power window master control switch rebuilt by Fusick. Dash pad, door panels, seats, headliner, rear package tray, and seat belts show little wear. Newer carpet. Original California Black Plates. Clear title with 85k miles. Less than 1000 miles on the rebuild.

• Like 1