Jump to content

Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Chimera said:

This Ebay listing says the car is in Candler, North Carolina, which is a little west of Ashville, NC.

The car has NC Antique Auto plate on the rear and ROA plate on the front. "Multiple 1st. place winner at Riviera Owners Association meets."

Is anyone familiar with this car?

 

s-l1600.jpg.28d3a485508146dcd5a965a5f0b40f02.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, NC68Riviera said:

This Ebay listing says the car is in Candler, North Carolina, which is a little west of Ashville, NC.

The car has NC Antique Auto plate on the rear and ROA plate on the front. "Multiple 1st. place winner at Riviera Owners Association meets."

Is anyone familiar with this car?

 

 

It's the same '66 Tim posted in post #559 that's on Craigslist too.

 

Yes, I have seen the car a few times, it is a very nice one. Doug is the Tech Advisor for the 66-70 for the ROA and a great guy. I am kind of surprised it's for sale as much as he likes it, but he does list a couple others he owns on the ROA roster too.

 

It was the first place winner in the '66-'70 Class at the ROA International Meet in Asheville in 2007, and it also won at our 2014 ROA Southeastern Regional in Asheboro in the '63-'70 Class. I can't recall if it won more than those right off hand, but I do know it did at those meets.

 

I'm not absolutely sure of its condition and value as of right now but I'm sure it is as nice as it can be.

 

Here is a bit different view of it from 2014 ...

 

IMG_1975.JPG.278eeac2738a30a58bcdb55a9a16cac0.JPG 

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

Nice! I am bidding on these. 

FYI  -  For the buy it now price, you can have your drums re-lined three times by J & G.  They advertise in the Riview.  Nothing different when you put a new cast iron liner in your old aluminum drum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RivNut said:

FYI  -  For the buy it now price, you can have your drums re-lined three times by J & G.  They advertise in the Riview.  Nothing different when you put a new cast iron liner in your old aluminum drum.

I sure as heck am not doing the Buy It Now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, epriv said:

Nice 68 for the price, although I'm not sure the silver goes well with the green interior ?????

The dual stripe white walls are cool.

 

OK, I am getting ready to contradict myself from an another posting. I do notice some anomalies on this car:

1) the rear bumper is from a 1969 Riviera (R logo gas door and reverse lenses in the main tail light lenses)

2) 69 Riviera door panels(?) with 68 dash and seats

 

Rivnut, my apologies... :unsure:

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

64 Riv with Dual Quads.  I notice he says factory 401, but it is possible it is a 425.  I have found many times a seller simply isn't that knowledge on the difference, and read somewhere what engine that model came with and hasn't even checked to see if that is what he has.  Or it could also be a that someone added the DQ parts later to a 401.  Who will make the call and solve the mystery?  :>)

 

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/1964-buick-riviera/6556058525.html

 

401 with factory two four barrels.Solid body.All chrome intact.Good rubber wheels and hub caps.Tinted glass intact.Power steering.New brakes.Automatic headlight dimmer.Tilt steering.T3 headlights.V8.Automatic transmission. Clean title.NO TRADES.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cjp69 said:

64 Riv with Dual Quads.  I notice he says factory 401, but it is possible it is a 425.  I have found many times a seller simply isn't that knowledge on the difference, and read somewhere what engine that model came with and hasn't even checked to see if that is what he has.  Or it could also be a that someone added the DQ parts later to a 401.  Who will make the call and solve the mystery?  :>)

 

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/1964-buick-riviera/6556058525.html

 

401 with factory two four barrels.Solid body.All chrome intact.Good rubber wheels and hub caps.Tinted glass intact.Power steering.New brakes.Automatic headlight dimmer.Tilt steering.T3 headlights.V8.Automatic transmission. Clean title.NO TRADES.   

ALL 64 Rivieras came stock with a 425.  Your best bet is to get a picture of the engine production code stamping.  If this is a true Super Wildcat engine the stamped code will be KX.  All 401's are coded with a T, single barrel 425's are coded with a W.  Years 63, 64, 65, 66 are coded J, K, L, M respectively.  The Super Wildcats in 64 and 65 will have an X rather than a W, except in 66 when the 179 (really rare) factory equipped Super Wildcats were coded MZ.  A dealer equipped 66 Gran Sport will still be coded MW.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, RivNut said:

ALL 64 Rivieras came stock with a 425.  Your best bet is to get a picture of the engine production code stamping.  If this is a true Super Wildcat engine the stamped code will be KX.  All 401's are coded with a T, single barrel 425's are coded with a W.  Years 63, 64, 65, 66 are coded J, K, L, M respectively.  The Super Wildcats in 64 and 65 will have an X rather than a W, except in 66 when the 179 (really rare) factory equipped Super Wildcats were coded MZ.  A dealer equipped 66 Gran Sport will still be coded MW.

I just contacted the owner, he says the 425 was replaced with a 401, and that the dual quads are original.

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, cjp69 said:

I just contacted the owner, he says the 425 was replaced with a 401, and that the dual quads are original.

In that case you'll want the casting number from the intake manifold and the stamping numbers from the carburetors, and the number on the band on the distributor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, epriv said:

The seller states 22K, but the odometer shows 16K ???????

Huh. That tells me the images are probably a decade old.

 I just went out of my way to  Philadelphia to look at a car which initial photos must’ve been a decade old. Nothing like being deceived. The car showed rust where the hi-resolution pictures did not. Infuriating. One never knows until in person. 

Not the first time I’ve been duped and won’t be the last. 

Some people, I’ll tell ya!

 

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Awards given by the unknowing?  Engine has either been painted the wrong color or is not original.  Wheel covers are Riviera but not 1963.  The really unique thing is .....? See if you can find it. It's original but rare. Does the whisk broom come with it?  One would think that if you're asking $20K, you'd want to show something at its best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RivNut changed the title to Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...