Steve, Yep I got one from him in response to my post looking for a few 31 Cadillac parts. Figured him for a scammer and didn't reply. Claimed he had "several cars waiting to be dismantled." Yeah right,  and they're V16's too, I'm sure.

I got a call from someone with a CA ph. # about 1 1/2months ago. I was looking for 32' Olds parts and he told me he was at a flea market with his wife's 32' Olds to sell as parts and someone gave him my contact info. Told him I might be interested in the whole car and to send me pictures. He then told me his Ph. was a very old model and didn't take pictures! (really?) Then he tells me he really didn't know much about 32' Olds. So I started asking him about specific parts and he confirmed that he had those parts. I told him, "for a guy who knows nothing about 32' Olds, you know a lot about parts exclusive to a 32' Olds. Figured right away that this guy was trying to scam me. His ph was 510-362-2862. When I tried to call it right  back it said number had been changed or disconnected.

• Like 1

I had the same guy call me. Said he was from the Bay Area and his wife had a t head engine for sale that was her dads. Already crated up and ready to ship. When I started asking questions he had no answers. Said his phone would not take pictures and if I sent him 50 bucks he would pay a guy to take pictures. When I asked him why he was trying to scam me, he blew up, called me a piece of s$$$t and said he should come to Indiana and kick my a$$. When I told him myself and MR. Winchester would be waiting on him he hung up. What a piece of work!

• Like 3

So that's a new claim by the criminals:

That their phones can't take pictures!

(Postings #3 and #7 tell the same story.)

Marc, it was good to hear that you stood up

against fraud, and your response made an excellent point.

That also shows the benefits of our nationwide AACA club:

it makes it easier to check out sellers' references 

through friends and fellow club members around the country.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Thought I’d post this here. I read this on the NRA page. A husband and wife went to purchase a car that they found on Craigslist. The seller said they had to bring cash only. When they got there, there was a problem about the car that I can’t remember and before they could leave, two more men came out and one pointed a gun at the husband demanding the cash. While the three crooks were concentrating on the husband, the wife pulled her licensed concealed handgun and shot a couple of the guys while the other ran!  Can’t remember if one or two of the guys were killed but the wife saved the day. Beware bringing cash to people’s homes. Unfortunately, we have to think this way now.

On 8/22/2016 at 3:37 PM, marc1122 said:

I had the same guy call me. Said he was from the Bay Area and his wife had a t head engine for sale that was her dads. Already crated up and ready to ship. When I started asking questions he had no answers. Said his phone would not take pictures and if I sent him 50 bucks he would pay a guy to take pictures. When I asked him why he was trying to scam me, he blew up, called me a piece of s$$$t and said he should come to Indiana and kick my a$$. When I told him myself and MR. Winchester would be waiting on him he hung up. What a piece of work!

My “friends” go with me everywhere. Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. Like American Express, I don’t leave home without it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 5:52 AM, chistech said:

Thought I’d post this here. I read this on the NRA page. A husband and wife went to purchase a car that they found on Craigslist. The seller said they had to bring cash only. When they got there, there was a problem about the car that I can’t remember and before they could leave, two more men came out and one pointed a gun at the husband demanding the cash. While the three crooks were concentrating on the husband, the wife pulled her licensed concealed handgun and shot a couple of the guys while the other ran!  Can’t remember if one or two of the guys were killed but the wife saved the day. Beware bringing cash to people’s homes. Unfortunately, we have to think this way now.

The sad thing is  I think you and I both find this post distressing -but  for very different  reasons . While I respect your right to bear  arms I'm very glad  that I live in a country  were no one  criminal or not,  Law enforcement or not  can pull put a handgun and use it.  No hand  guns  available  in this country and intentional shootings per year can be  counted on one hand.

• Like 2