Can you identify what this car is?

I think it's a one-fendered, 1943 black, South American, CYCLOPS Car. A very rare model, fabricated in the rain forest only during the monsoon season by a now extinct pigmy tribe that worshiped the goddess "Martha", who, legend has it, brought the tribe wealth and fortune from her native home Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan in the early 1800's teaching them auto repair and diamond mining.

One other example exists in Tibet in the basement of the Temple "Rah-Rha-Sis-Boom-Bah", reserved only for the pleasure of the elite high Kahuna.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Casper Friederich said:

British Lagonda with a Cadillac v8-engine

...with a Cadillac v8-engine, '39 Ford tail lights, home-made bumpers, a modified rear licence frame panel, and a Tijuana tuck and roll interior. Converted to 12 volts.

Was it automatic or manual?

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Interesting, great lines, wonder who the coachbuilder is.   Seems as if they could have found something more appropriate for power than a Cadillac V8.  Maybe a straight six with side-draft carburetors.  A simple saddle/brown leather interior would help too.

On 8/17/2024 at 9:42 AM, 58L-Y8 said:

Interesting, great lines, wonder who the coachbuilder is.   Seems as if they could have found something more appropriate for power than a Cadillac V8.  Maybe a straight six with side-draft carburetors.  A simple saddle/brown leather interior would help too.

Like Jaguar six

• Like 1

On 8/17/2024 at 12:45 AM, Crusty Trucker said:

...with a Cadillac v8-engine ..... Converted to 12 volts.

First, the Cadillac would have originally been 12 volts.

Second, the Lagonda was originally 12 volt as well.

So.... no conversion of its electrical system.

On 8/17/2024 at 9:42 AM, 58L-Y8 said:

Looks like the factory Rapide body?   If it was originally a V12 it would be worthwhile to put it back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

All the Rapide bodied cars?   They had the LG6 too.

You're right. My bad. And based on the six spare spark plugs on the firewall, we can assume this was an LG6 car. Still quite valuable. I would love to have it, even with the V8... or... possibly because of the V8.

All 12-volt cars, though. Most European cars were 12-volt at the time.

• Like 1

I am still confused.......... if it originally had a V12 then the holder with 6 plugs (per side) makes sense. 

But is it now short on spare plugs with a V8 or has more than it needs for the V8?

4 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

I am still confused.......... if it originally had a V12 then the holder with 6 plugs (per side) makes sense. 

But is it now short on spare plugs with a V8 or has more than it needs for the V8?

Based on the 6 plug holder the car was an LG6.   When they swapped the caddy engine in they left the original spare plug holder.

• Like 1