Eclipse

Here is my favorite Eclipse photo.  I have another one spelled a little differently too.

Terry

Eclipse.jpg

Eklips.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2024 at 8:10 PM, Studemax said:

Weirdest thing I heard... "Keep the pregnant ladies inside, or the babies will have birthmarks"....

That is totally true, and I am living proof.

There was a total eclipse in January, and, even though I was born seven months later, I still came out ugly as sin..

Jack

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, 8E45E said:

Are these two different makes of cars both equipped with them?  Curbside Astronomy: Sun And Moon - A Safer Way To See A Total Eclipse - Curbside Classic

Craig

They are 1/2" pipe thread plugs that were aftermarket items. Just a few of the thousands of different brand plugs made over the years.  There were hundreds of different engines/cars and trucks that used that Size plug over the years, most common was the Ford Model T.

Terry

I was talking about the eclipse with the young woman at the convenient store where we old farts get together for coffee. I like to think of her as a 21st century Lynda Carter. I told her the next eclipse would be in 2045. I was born in 1948 so it is not unreasonable to think that I may be around for the next one. She said she was born in 2005. I told her that was interesting. I seem to be gravitating toward 2005 vehicles. I have three of them now. Two I will probably keep that long.

I wonder if my 40 year old car and truck will be viewed the same as 40 year old cars are viewed today. I bet she will hold up well.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I told her the next eclipse would be in 2045. I was born in 1948 so it is not unreasonable to think that I may be around for the next one.

Yes, only the good die young.....  🙂 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

We were on the patio of Stiney's, next to Tiffin Air Cooled.  Where were you?

If you drew a line from the model T’s through the camera lense to 75 feet behind it in carnucopias picture… my family was gathered at the tailgate of a pickup. The grass overflow parking at the museum. 

1 hour ago, Larry Schramm said:

You were in Richmond, Indiana and I was in Tiffin, Ohio.  by my/google calculation that is 161 miles away.

He was referring to me. Fortunately, he didn’t actually draw a line as it would have seemed strange at the time.

15 hours ago, CarNucopia said:

The next total eclipse is in August of ‘26, but it’s not in the US. A road trip to Greenland is all you need to do. 😁

road trip ?.......lol

• Like 1