For Sale: 1967 Cadillac Eldorado, 50K miles - $48,900 - Eagle River, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $39,900: 4-30-2024.

For Sale: 1967 Cadillac Eldorado, 50K miles - $48,900 - Eagle River, WI - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $39,900: 4-30-2024. See New Link Below.

1967 Cadillac Eldorado for sale by owner - Eagle River, WI - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1967 Cadillac Eldorado Lifelong California car. 50K original miles. One professional repaint of a rust-free rock-solid car. Highly optioned with PS-PW-Power seat, Tilt-&-Tele wheel-Power locks-Cruise control-Power Brakes-Front disc brakes-AM/FM-Power Antenna-Tinted glass-A/C (blows cold)- Remote outside mirror and Leather seats. Runs looks and drives excellent. Please call for details. Texts and emails will not be responded to. May take GM muscle trade.

Mecum just sold one for $104,500.00 (see Glendale lot F-217 www.mecum.com/lots/1113205/1967-cadillac-eldorado/?aa_id=563126-0 )

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1967 Cadillac Eldorado.

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI a.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI b.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI c.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI d.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI e.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI f.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI g.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI h.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI i.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI j.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI k.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI l.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI m.jpg

'67 Cadillac Eldoado WI n.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $39,900: 4-30-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

And here we have another seller who thinks one record-setting sale changes the entire market in their favor.

It's probably the correct color. Here's my '67 that I owned for about two months a few years ago. Flamenco Red. I bought it because I wanted one really badly and it was local, then sold it because I realized I didn't want a bright red '67 but rather a triple black '68. 

007.JPG.99f7aad1271af079a73c86aa08a1db72.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

I don't think that is the original red?   Or am I wrong?

I agree that the red probably is not this car's

original color.  In the 1960's, red would not typically

be used with a tan interior.  And the red almost looks

like a modern clearcoat--shinier than the original.

The bright red, while noticeable, hides the unusual

and distinctive red taillights.

The original paint color might have been a tan,

bronze, or perhaps green.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

For Sale: 1967 Cadillac Eldorado, 50K miles - $48,900 - Mecum just sold one for $104,500.00

15 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

And here we have another seller who thinks one record-setting sale changes the entire market in their favor.

And we're supposed to believe that what happens in Disneyland/Lalaland is the real world? 

At first glance I wondered are 67-70 Eldorado really trading at those stratospheric prices? then I saw the Mecum reference.

I still say the auctions, bolstered by the "investment" crowd, have irreparably damaged the car hobby. I normally won't even watch them though I did watch about 15 minutes of the GAA auction in NC a couple nights ago. Between the talking head commentators who obviously didn't know diddly-squat about the cars crossing the block and the uneducated bidders grinning stupidly as they bid mundane cars past common sense, that 15 minutes was all I could stand.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

And we're supposed to believe that what happens in Disneyland/Lalaland is the real world? 

At first glance I wondered are 67-70 Eldorado really trading at those stratospheric prices? then I saw the Mecum reference.

I still say the auctions, bolstered by the "investment" crowd, have irreparably damaged the car hobby. I normally won't even watch them though I did watch about 15 minutes of the GAA auction in NC a couple nights ago. Between the talking head commentators who obviously didn't know diddly-squat about the cars crossing the block and the uneducated bidders grinning stupidly as they bid mundane cars past common sense, that 15 minutes was all I could stand.

Anyone investing in 67-70 Cadillac's is also smoking crack.  People always confuse cars that are the "top of the mountain" that command a premium with their run of the mill example.  Happens all the time.

A 68 black on black in nice shape will always bring the money. Add Elvis ownership and multiple by 5.  Everything else will lag to some extent based on condition, colors and year.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Yes the price is ridiculous, yes the paint is not original (look at the trunk photo). yes the interior looks tired, but NO, it is not as solid as described. The rust bumps under the vinyl top stick out even in distant pics.

I like these Eldorados, but agree that a black-on-black (no vinyl top) '68 would be the pinnacle for me.  this one looks nice, but although the red/white combination looks great on my '56 Chevy, I don't think it is flattering on the Cadillac (pretty much any Cadillac, IMHO).  I had a college fraternity brother with a '74 Grand Prix in red/white and I felt the same way about that car.  (Although the fact that the paint looked like it had been applied with a sponge probably didn't help...)

• Like 1

I'm not quite as phobic about red cars as I am silver/gray/white, but I can't think of many cars that truly look good in gaudy red. Especially if combined with white vinyl, and certainly not a Cadillac or other luxury brand.

If a red car doesn't have enough tastefully applied brightwork, it will invariably look like a fire chief or other fleet car.

Same goes for other bright colors.

I grew up with a boy who never really got past his primary colors. By age 16 he was a fairly decent painter but every car he ever had, within a couple weeks of acquiring it he painted it red, yellow or blue. It wasn't unusual for him to own 3 to 5 cars a year either, and he always managed to sell the bright colored cars. If questioned about his color choices "it's what I like".

On 3/22/2024 at 8:50 PM, Matt Harwood said:

...I didn't want a bright red '67 but rather a triple black '68. 

I'm just curious, Matt, why your favored Eldorado is a 1968

more than a 1967.  I'm no expert on those.  Is it the styling,

where the 1968 has parking lights beside the grille--

or more than that?  Any insights you can provide would be informative.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I'm just curious, Matt, why your favored Eldorado is a 1968

more than a 1967.  I'm no expert on those.  Is it the styling,

where the 1968 has parking lights beside the grille--

or more than that?  Any insights you can provide would be informative.

The big thing for me is the 472 cubic inch V8 that arrived in 1968. The 429 in the '67s is pretty good, but it's no match for the 472, both in terms of torque and reliability. My '67 felt fragile while the '70 that I had years ago was notably more durable feeling. And yes, I do like the parking lights on the fronts of the fenders. On the '67s, there are filler pieces there that look amateurish, like they decided at the last moment not to put the lights there. The '68 is a much more cohesive design from a detail standpoint.

It's all personal preference, of course, but the '68 is the perfect confluence of early hidden headlight styling and big torque muscle.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I also owned and drove a 67. It was ok but was kind of clear Cadillac wanted another year. Most 68 Eldorados (all?) have disc brakes too. Very few 67 Eldorados have them. 

68 Eldorado had a better interior too. I want to say new styled door panels and dash. As Matt mentioned, the turn lamps up front and 68 had the 1st “hideaway” windshield wipers - smoothing out this area.  

The 472 was all new. It was meant to take Cadillac far, well into the 70’s. Which it did. The 429 was a good stop gap motor to get out of the 50’s.  

• Like 1

Most enthusiasts prefer the '67.  A former coworker of mine has one identical to the one Matt used to own.  I have a '68 and think the front end is better integrated with the parking lights instead of the poor-fitting diecast end caps and hidden wipers.  Also, there is wood trim on the dashboard and door panels, and it has a bigger engine.  A lot of people look for a triple black combination from this generation.  I prefer a contrasting interior color.  My uncle and I went to Fall Carlyle in 1986 and to a car auction.  We saw a triple black Eldorado that ended up selling for only $1200, which I would have gladly paid.     

• Like 1

I’ve since lost interest in the “hidden headlights” reason to pick a 67 or 68.  Yes it’s cool, but it is an afterthought to the overall design.  We love 67-70 Eldorados because of the styling. That never changed from 67-70.  

Because I love the 69-70 Cadillac corporate styling, I’ll take a 69-70.  68’s draw bigger money, so if I can get a 69-70 in better condition for less money, I’ll take it.  

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1967 Cadillac Eldorado, 50K miles - $48,900 - Eagle River, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $39,900: 4-30-2024.