Classic1989 Yugo gv $1,300 - Pleasant Plain, OH

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1886820708421660/?ref=product_details&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

Unique opportunity: a car who's brand doesn't exist, from a country that doesn't exist, and probably needs parts that don't exist.

Good news: Factory and aftermarket service manuals still exist in print and on the internet - some even in English!

Please don't start with the Yugo jokes - we've heard them all (at least twice).

Seller's Description

Has been sitting for years. Decent condition for what it is. Does have a few rust spots and tires are shot. Engine has been partially disassembled but all parts seem to be present. 4 speed manual. I bought this car as is and did nothing with it. These are getting hard to come by. Asking $1300 Firm. No trades please. Clean title in hand. Message with phone number and I’ll call you. Thanks

Product photo of 1989 Yugo GV

7 hours ago, Dave Wells said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1886820708421660/?ref=product_details&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

Unique opportunity: a car who's brand doesn't exist, from a country that doesn't exist, and probably needs parts that don't exist.

Good news: Factory and aftermarket service manuals still exist in print and on the internet - some even in English!

Please don't start with the Yugo jokes - we've heard them all (at least twice).

Seller's Description

Has been sitting for years. Decent condition for what it is. Does have a few rust spots and tires are shot. Engine has been partially disassembled but all parts seem to be present. 4 speed manual. I bought this car as is and did nothing with it. These are getting hard to come by. Asking $1300 Firm. No trades please. Clean title in hand. Message with phone number and I’ll call you. Thanks

This is a FIAT 127.

but for ex Yugoslavia Tweedehands Fiat 127 kopen - AutoScout24

These were the only new cars at the Syracuse auto dealer's new car show that had drip pans under them.  A coworker actually had one as a work commuter and liked it overall, however, he did have to have the windshield replaced (twice, as I recall) after jacking the front of the car to remove a front wheel...  :huh:

A friend was a Yugo dealer here in Ohio. He did quite well selling to a market who couldn't afford anything else. He told me that with every batch of cars received a number of new, wrapped in plastic, engines were shipped as well. Apparently, they weren't known for their longevity. I recall seeing the dump pile behind the dealership and scattered in it were quite a few worn out units.