For Sale: 1931 Ford Model A Roadster Deluxe - $7,500 - Silver Spring, MD - Not Mine

For Sale: 1931 Ford Model A Roadster Deluxe - $7,500 - Silver Spring, MD

1931 Ford for sale by owner - Silver Spring, MD - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Beautiful car. Runs OK up to 35 MPH. I have never taken it on the highway. To see a short video go to https://youtu.be/oTizXHFVdZk
Copy and paste in your email: c7adae9a89ce39059db3aea3cc0e0ca3@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1931 Ford Model A Roadster Deluxe.

'31 Model A Ford Roadster Deluxe MD a.jpg

'31 Model A Ford Roadster Deluxe MD b.jpg

'31 Model A Ford Roadster Deluxe MD c.jpg

'31 Model A Ford Roadster Deluxe MD d.jpg

'31 Model A Ford Roadster Deluxe MD e.jpg

'31 Model A Ford Roadster Deluxe MD f.jpg

'31 Model A Ford Roadster Deluxe MD g.jpg

'31 Model A Ford Roadster Deluxe MD h.jpg

• Like 2

The car is a standard not a deluxe; you can tell by the high windshield, plain top bow (deluxe has wooden trim); black top and interior, and split rear bumper.

Not sure colors are authentic...

As an open project A that is a lot less important though than how solid it is and how much is needed mechanically.

Choices here might be:

Restoration- Standards were actually somewhat unusual in 31 as Ford was pushing the Deluxe heavily.  So a lot of A folk do like them.  Ya all know the math here though..

Mechanical sorting and enjoy as is.  A great start for that.  If you had to do everything, even the engine it won't break the bank.

For the traditional hot rodder (or restorer really!) IF this car is solid it can be bought for less than the cost of a Brookville A roadster at $8000+ it is authentic and seems complete.

This is a I want to move it now price.  A deal for sure. 😊

• Like 5

5 hours ago, cjmarzoli said:

All incorrect in terms of color and such but if it's turnkey, running driving car, its a steal!

Check out the short YouTube video. It does all of those things.

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀

10 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Not sure colors are authentic...

I’m not sure either Steve….I had a similarly painted ‘31 Tudor, kind of a reversal of Washington/Riviera Blue.

You are right about the Brookville thing…..I would not be surprised if this car went down the trad hot rod road…..I would have taken it there 10 or so years ago🤔

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)
  • Like 1

To me guys, it is 100% the body & undercarriage condition that says deal or no deal.  

Despite the mechanical needs our roadster had, after taking the front end, rear end, steering column/box and trans out and NEVER encountering a frozen bolt that is worth something.  I couldn't say that with a lot of cars I have had but that was the case with both As. 😊

When I was looking for my roadster pickup I just looked up A roadsters in general and can tell you from all my looking in mostly the Northeast.  There was nothing even remotely in this condition for this kind of money.   In fact the only thing that looked as good in this price range was a tudor sedan and that was only one car.  Most that had shiny paint and ran/ drove with a decent interior started at 10 G and that was of any body style.

Even having bought my roadster pickup I would be going to look at this if it was near me.  That's not much money to scrape up today. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 2