For Sale: 1959 DeSoto Firedome 2dr Sportsman - $23,000 - Gooding, ID - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $21,000: 12-7-2023:

For Sale: 1959 DeSoto Firedome 2dr Sportsman - $23,000 - Gooding, ID - Still Available, Price Reduced to $21,000: 12-7-2023: See New Link Below:

1959 desoto firedome for sale by owner - Gooding, ID - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Turnkey driver, 2-year restoration to get it back on the road, rust free, 383 V8, swivel seats, needs painted for show but presents well as is, enjoy this rare car as is or take it to the next level, call/text for details and photos.
Copy and paste in your email: 273328f947443bd984c0f53af4ef160d@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1959 DeSoto Firedome 2dr Sportsman.

'59 DeSoto ID a.jpg

'59 DeSoto ID b.jpg

'59 DeSoto ID c.jpg

'59 DeSoto ID d.jpg

'59 DeSoto ID e.jpg

'59 DeSoto ID f.jpg

'59 DeSoto ID g.jpg

'59 DeSoto ID h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $21,000: 12-7-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like the car, but I do agree with Crusty Trucker about the zip ties and the overflow bottle. Those things and the dopey looking air cleaner makes you wonder where else they cut corners on this car. I hope that my comments are taken in a constructive way. When asking 23K for a car, it is my opinion that you should not have to apologize for work that is done in a sloppy, or cheap way. I believe that when you sell a car, make it clean and free of non original parts, but If non original parts are used due to the seller's inability to find original parts, this should be pointed out in the ad. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 6

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1959 DeSoto Firedome 2dr Sportsman - $23,000 - Gooding, ID - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $21,000: 12-7-2023:
53 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Idaho is a tough market to sell out of, especially this time of year. Might be snow on the ground there.

This is true.  Not an easy state to get shipping out of.   Also, you can have frost on your windshield in August as I found out myself.

• Haha 1