Hershey 2024, 25 & 26

yachtflame

How many here after seeing these dates have grabbed a calendar and written them in so they know where to be at that time of the year. My first year to attend was 1965.

Rode down with friends in a 1947 Hudson coupe. The car wasn't even 20 years old. There was also a small airport right on the north side of Hersheypark Drive.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, yachtflame said:

My wife’s birthday is Oct. 4 so I won’t be going any years that interfere with her day. 

Or you could approach it another way:

"My wife's birthday is Oct. 4, so I'm going to give her

a lavish stay at the Hershey Hotel and get her a cute

little convertible in the car corral!"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Back in 2010 I did an audit on the Ephrata nursing home during the summer and swung by the once popular diner in the Hummelstown plaza. In the 1990s there was always a long line of muddy booted enthusiasts waiting to call home to Honey.

Times change. The phones a gone and a couple rolls of paper towels take their place. My son once stood there a talked to his Mom.

012.jpg.3005b0509ece89d656f60bfa6110b0fb.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LARRYCAROL said:

Treat your wife to a spa day at Hershey Hotel! My wife and daughter in law went once and loved it! Then find a nice restaurant. 

I showed at the Keeneland Concours a few years ago. My wife spent the entire weekend at the hotel spa as I was on the show field. I didnt even want to know what that ended up costing, LOL.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Or you could approach it another way:

"My wife's birthday is Oct. 4, so I'm going to give her

a lavish stay at the Hershey Hotel and get her a cute

little convertible in the car corral!"

Not sure how long you’ve been married or how many wives you’ve had but at one wife of 36 years, I’d rather treat her to a nice day of horse back riding and a wonderful dinner in town getting there in the ‘30 Lasalle. 
 So I miss a few years….that just makes the ones I do attend that much more special. And it looks like I’ll be going the next three years!

Edited by yachtflame (see edit history)
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, West Peterson said:

Interesting. My wife's birthday almost always lands in the middle of Hershey Week. She knew before we were married that we'd have to celebrate on a different day. 

Same for me... in fact our first date (to go out for her birthday) had to be scheduled around my Hershey visit, so yeah...

• Like 2

I think I can say this for most people who have been fortunate to attend Hershey that it is the place an "old car guy - or gal" looks at as their annual feel good , makes up for the years pile of nonsense we have to put up with . Beyond the view of the old cars, the smell of chocolate in the air, all the "goodies' out for us to look at and possibly find the treasure we seek, it is the one place we see friends from near and far IN PERSON - the hand clasp , hug  of friendship , or just the hello and sight of them - chokes me up  as it is doing now to me to share this. Life is very short , can be here one minute and gone the next ( have had this from personal experience twice) and to know that there is one old car activity that makes us feel like a 5 year old again at his surprise birthday party is like no other. It is the camaraderie  of friends for 50 + years to those of recent acquaintance , so many activities while there at that time of the year - car club dinners to attend ( for me first with the Plymouth 4 Cylinder Owners Club in the 1960s, then with the Society of Automotive Historians which still carry on)  It is a total picture of a week longs life experience.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Married for 36 years. My wife is not a car person and tolerates my behavior. She has gone to Hershey with me a couple of times and does seem to enjoy it. Its funny as to some of the stuff she points out whilst perusing the aisles. And, it does cost me a nice dinner on our way home, LOL.

• Like 2