For Sale: 1956 Citroen - "Extremely rare & beautiful little car" - $12,500 "as is" - Auburn, CA - Not Mine - 5/27 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1956 Citroen 4-door in Auburn, CA  -  $12,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/108595878873805/-1956-Citreon

Seller's Description:

1956 Citroen 4-door

• 2 owners
  • Driven 22,000 miles
  • Manual transmission
  • Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Blue

Extremely rare & beautiful little car!!! 1956 Citroen. Starts & runs. Sold as is. 12,500 OBO

image.png.9bc157b440fe0f0e7ccf60d0c8d5419c.png

image.png.70e66a5992bb94c30b0bac15eb2c1446.png

image.png.2081d9aba66e79222adc35c2c8d674bd.png

image.png.6f16b0468dd9164a97d34f5582beb0c9.png

image.png.d0e24aa59acc6fcdbda843e6df0a9b37.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Citreon - "Extremely rare & beautiful little car" - $12,500 "as is" - Auburn, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1956 Citreon -

Meet the seller, Cortnee... (NO KIDDING!)

Click on Facebook link then scroll on down past "seller's description" to "seller details" and click.

Scroll down on that window and see her ten other ads including four other used cars, and more...

May be an image of 1 person

Maybe it's time to join Facebook!

I read once that when it comes to automobiles, the French imitate no one, and no one imitates the French. Unique in endless ways, this little car is powered by a flat two cylinder engine:

x01_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.d9Oxr9ypTz.webp

They didn't sell in the US because they are too slow to get out of their own way!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

They didn't sell in the US because they are too slow to get out of their own way!

Well, that's true, the 2CV was zero to 60 in, well, never.....but man what fun those little cars are to drive!  Like a motorcycle, they lean around turns, just in the opposite direction.

And if you've ever driven the bigger brother  DS or SM, you'd be amazed at what fine road cars they are.

• Like 4

Basic transportation and that is with a capital B.

Growing up when this car was new, there was one about 3 blocks away from where I lived ( still live) and it seems I could walk faster down the block then the car could travel, same owner had a Henry J sedan that had one front fender totally squashed that he never had fixed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Walt G said:

same owner had a Henry J sedan that had one front fender totally squashed that he never had fixed.

Sounds like the kind of guy I would not want as a next door neighbor. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, trimacar said:

Well, that's true, the 2CV was zero to 60 in, well, never.....but man what fun those little cars are to drive!  Like a motorcycle, they lean around turns, just in the opposite direction.

And if you've ever driven the bigger brother  DS or SM, you'd be amazed at what fine road cars they are.

Having owned, and toured the 2-CV, Ami-6, and even run cross-country with our DS-21, and SM, I can vouch for that - and also expound on their design with safety in-mind.

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Citroen - "Extremely rare & beautiful little car" - $12,500 "as is" - Auburn, CA - Not Mine

I recently acquired a 1974 DS23 IE Auto Pallas because I sat in it. The comfort level is out of this world, and there is no such thing as a speed hump. The one for sale looks to be the other end of the comfort scale.

noname.jpg.9c918084a506685512686f8948b0c784.jpg

Edited by maok (see edit history)
  • Like 9

17 hours ago, marty14 said:

those seats look like they made to sit outside by the pool

15 hours ago, maok said:

I recently acquired a 1974 DS23 IE Auto Pallas because I sat in it. The comfort level is out of this world, and there is no such thing as a speed hump. The one for sale looks to be the other end of the comfort scale.

noname.jpg.9c918084a506685512686f8948b0c784.jpg

Despite visual evaluation -

don't knock it until you've tried it -

the 2-CV seating is surprisingly more comfortable than you might expect.

I put more miles on mine than I had planned, and then passed it along to a friend on this FORUM.

In my opinion, every Citroen is a joy to drive - experience counts more than guesswork.

Of course our several DS-21s and SM were simply amazing in both ride and comfort, as well as safety design.

• Like 5

On 4/17/2023 at 12:21 PM, Marty Roth said:

Despite visual evaluation -

don't knock it until you've tried it -

the 2-CV seating is surprisingly more comfortable than you might expect.

I put more miles on mine than I had planned, and then passed it along to a friend on this FORUM.

In my opinion, every Citroen is a joy to drive - experience counts more than guesswork.

Of course our several DS-21s and SM were simply amazing in both ride and comfort, as well as safety design.

On 4/17/2023 at 5:58 PM, Leif in Calif said:

My cousin in Sweden has a 2CV and I always request we all go somewhere in it when I visit. Roundabouts are especially fun! 

2CV cornering | I took no less than 31 pictures of this 2CV ...

The 2-CV or Deux Chevaux (2 "French" Horses) was designed as a utility vehicle for Everyman:

4 passengers and 4 wheels under an umbrella-

Driver wearing a Tophat, with a basket of raw eggs on the seat, driven across a freshly plowed field-

breaking neither the hat, nor the eggs-

As far as the "Compliant" suspension, the 2-CV may be the only car able to take a hard turn

ON ALL 4 WHEELS - AND THE DOOR HANDLES at the same time !

Ours was a 1964 AZAM version with the 435 cc horizontally opposed air cooled 2-cylinder engine and centrifugal clutch and 4-speed transmission - my daily driver commuting into New Orleans.

The cooling fan attached directly to the 6 volt generator, which in turn attached directly to the crankshaft - there was no need for a fan belt, and the air, heated while passing over the cylinder heads provided heat and defrost options.

Our wipers were electric, but early versions were driven by the speedometer cable -

drive fast/wipe fast - stopped? don't need to wipe?

The rear seat was easily removable for use at a picnic, or to provide utility access.

Doors, hood, and trunk slid into a crimped edge - easily replaceable 

A single horizontal suspension spring on each side telegraphed road irregularities from front to back (4-wheel IRS). 

and the 14 mm bolt in the center of the fan allowed me to use a socket and ratchet to start the engine when the battery was discharged.

My wife drove the Citroen Ami-6, an advanced version of the 2-CV. It was a 4-door sedan with a real body and roll-up windows -

not a 6-cylinder, but rather the horizontally opposed 602 cc 2-cylinder "BIG BLOCK".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2023 at 1:36 AM, 6T-FinSeeker said:

image.png.fb36d38c7cb2be64b9c366a6156a19e8.png

I can't look at one of these and not think about Billy Joel's accident in a 2 CV many years ago.  I don't say that mockingly or with disrespect. I say it in amazement that he survived. Look at the construction of these things. Safety doesn't seem to have been a big priority in the design. A VW Beetle seems like a Lincoln comparison. But yes, they are very cool little cars, and I see their appeal.

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Citroen - "Extremely rare & beautiful little car" - $12,500 "as is" - Auburn, CA - Not Mine - 5/27 SOLD!