My 1973 Pontiac GTO

Here are a couple of photos of my 1973 Pontiac GTO that I acquired almost two years ago. I bought it from the original owner who special-ordered it new. Except for the gauges that he installed, it is an original car. It still had the original tires on it when I received it. I replaced them with correct repro tires. The best part? It only has 7070 actual miles on it. It has so many options that it has two window stickers, yet did not come with air conditioning or power steering. Of the 4806 GTOs built in '73, this is one of only about 1000 with a 4-speed transmission. The color scheme is also unusual. Needless to say, I'm very proud to be the caretaker of this exceptional automobile.

DSC_1206a.jpg

DSC_1219a.jpg

• Like 16

I have always liked these cars. The older ones get all the attention, but these have a great style, and pre-71 horsepower is only really a compression bump away. However with this one, I would leave it like it is.

Sharp ride!

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 11:13 PM, JonW said:

Here are a couple of photos of my 1973 Pontiac GTO that I acquired almost two years ago. I bought it from the original owner who special-ordered it new. Except for the gauges that he installed, it is an original car. It still had the original tires on it when I received it. I replaced them with correct repro tires. The best part? It only has 7070 actual miles on it. It has so many options that it has two window stickers, yet did not come with air conditioning or power steering. Of the 4806 GTOs built in '73, this is one of only about 1000 with a 4-speed transmission. The color scheme is also unusual. Needless to say, I'm very proud to be the caretaker of this exceptional automobile.

DSC_1206a.jpg

DSC_1219a.jpg

Move post to Unrestored section.Love it.

Edited by old car fan (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...