Mac Blair

tcslr

I had spoken on the phone with him a half dozen times over the years. A nice guy and always had time for a chat. I had no clue of his accomplishments………a very well lived life. RIP.

Wow, that is huge news. What a stunning loss for the Buick Club. His knowledge of 1932 Buicks was unsurpassed. I understand he also had a very large collection of early 1930s Buick parts. He, with assistance from Ron DeGroff and Guy Bennett, Jr., practically invented the Buick Club's 400-point judging system in 1989 and he wrote most of our Judging Manual which is still used today. I've known Mac for 30 years and liked him a lot. His wife has bad Altzheimer's disease, and he had been caring for her. I am really sad to hear this.

Pete Phillips

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

Thanks for sharing this Tom,

This is very sad news indeed, I just spoke with Mac a mere two weeks ago!

His incredible accomplishments and expertise are definitely a reflection of the committed and passionate character of an amazing man who lived life to the fullest.

I had the privilege of straying from car topics into more personal life conversations with Mac, and he was the real genuine deal, through and through.

Thoughts and prayers to his family, he will be sadly missed.

Mario

Sorry to hear this news. Mac helped me with parts and advice for my ‘31 Buick. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

McCellan Blair  of Indiana Penn. passed away Wednesday 3-22. 

Mac was a family man, humbly  proud of them all. .

He was a very accomplished person, seldom speaking of his personal accomplishmenrs.  A true friend always willing to help and befriend others with his insights and skills.

His alter image as 32 Buick Registery was legendary, as was his service to AACA.

Camping with him at Hershey for over four decades was his gift to our group.

McClellan Blair | Obituary | The Tribune Democrat (tribdem.com)

I bought my first Buick 1932 model 58 in 1993.  I met Mac at Hershey that fall.  He was most helpful in walking me through plans to get my car on the road.  His 32 registry bulletins were a great resource for learning about 32 Buicks.  I stayed in touch with Mac into late 2022.   My journey with 1932 Buicks  was most rewarding due to Mac's guidance and tremendous knowledge.  He will be missed by all.

Bob Engle

• Like 2