A dog's life!

Tonz

That is the mighty Panzer. If covered in beef jerky, a person was in real danger entering the property. Best shop dog a guy could ask for, not a mean bone in his body. Always got a glass of beer off of every new keg in the shop. And he expected it. He has moved on, to a shop in the sky with fresh kegs every day.

nicks 55 cheve 011.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Schnuckie & Pepper are long gone but we still enjoy the truck with Sophie & Daisy. picture 1990/

Sophie & Daisy are 11 year old rescue dogs who were litter mates and could only be adopted as a pair.

They replaced Pepe who was also a rescue at age 3. lived to 11 and the girls replaced him 3 weeks

after his death.   We know each time it's going to end sadly, but the journey is great for us and the dogs.!

Schnauzers.jpg.83fc81b842887fefad5578027c032eb8.jpg

Edited by Paul Dobbin (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Rescue dog # 4. My wife is on the board of our local non kill rescue facility. In August a email went out pleading for a board member to foster a10-12 y/o they deemed to be un adoptable. We decided not to foster and just adopted him. He didn’t deserve to die in a crate and makes me smile every day. One of my better decisions. 

2A8F899B-85CE-46EC-9811-C159038DAFBD.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I can certainly go along with Mr. Beck's comment above.  However, that thinking needs to be expanded a bit.  Little children and puppies are two of the greatest things that God ever came up with.  We want to introduce you to Miss Muggins - The Amazing Wonder Pup.  She absolutely loves going with us in the old Buick and the folks watching get as much fun out of her antics as they do seeing the car.

Terry and Barbara Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Member #947918

PC240964.JPG

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/8/2023 at 2:07 PM, John348 said:

Bob

True words, I never wanted another dog for years for that very reason, and we finally did. While I would love to have another dog now after he passed away , I could not go through it again

We felt the same way after Pepe died, January 2021 and we said no more puppies.   A friend found these two Mountain Fiests

in a SPCA Rescue, 3 weeks later.   Litter mates between 8 & 10 years old and they would not separate them for adoption.

We went just to look and adopted them both.   We're all happy now.   Little dogs stay puppies forever and keep us young too.

At less than 10 pounds each, Sophie & Daisy have brightened all our lives.   IMG_41491.JPG.07d3a4422704f4750ae736fcf89fea30.JPGIMG_37651.JPG.34f1abb5ef996608571eb21430715f51.JPG

Edited by Paul Dobbin (see edit history)
  • Like 8

Three good friends enjoying dinner. I forgot to include the car connection when I first posted this.  Two of the three animals loved car rides. When the dog was older, he had arthritis very badly and had difficulty walking, so I would take him for car rides early in the morning. The skunk loved to ride, also. The dog would sit beside me and the skunk would sit on my shoulder and pretend she was an eagle. Every morning, the two of them would be waiting by the door for their car ride.image.png.2ba597c84d86b2ee0a1f17bc8756702b.png

Edited by pmhowe (see edit history)
  • Like 3