1938 desoto coupe - $25,000 (wallkill, NY)

I know nothing about these. Looks nice in and out although I suspect the upholstery is not original style or materials. Pretty car. More pics in ad. 

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/d/wallkill-1938-desoto-coupe/7582292211.html

This car is beautiful-paperwork dating back to the 1950's-12 volt conversion-I am not going to go into detail here-Serious parties all you need to do is leave a phone number-not interested in any trades or offers

image.jpeg.d4478c190311a08391bcab897268e318.jpeg

image.jpeg.60b28611e52f3160a61d9cc6a3336e27.jpeg

image.jpeg.25680e9583bdaf7ebf4f1dda8bcc931a.jpeg

image.jpeg.4a1fcc5298f4e97a90b8591c2ddaef15.jpeg

image.jpeg.af3c6b18a242972facde8f36b8a8b0a9.jpeg

Edited by Gearheadengineer
Added link to ad (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I am no De Soto guy but I tend to doubt you will find very many in this condition. Pretty car.

In the description it refers to more photos in the ad; I don't see a link for the ad....

• Like 1

Obviously the 6 cylinder has been modified for the induction, which looks pretty cool actually but draws the eye away from other original features.   The interior fabric is likely incorrect, should be fabric not vinyl.  Not sure about the rumble seat original material, may have been leather but not sure.  

The seller seems a bit standoff ish.  OK, you have a nice car, but you don't want to have a conversation with a prospective buyer that might drop $25 large?   

I checked this post out because the 37-38 DeSotos can be nice cars but I much prefer them actually as 4 door sedans, longer, wider appearing.  Chrysler was fairly good at catching on to the Art Deco streamlining despite being run by engineers.  

But this particular body style was common to everyone, so why get a DeSoto version of it?  Chevy, Buick, Ford, everybody had one.  

A nice car but not my preferred body style.