1941 Buick - Fireball 8 $4,200 Runs well

Could be a good project to bring it back.....

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/riverside-price-drop-1941-buick/7566883802.html

Time to part with this fun car. It's been a great vehicle for parades, scout activities, re-enactments and Halloween as well as just tooling around town and car shows.
It's built as a Military tribute car. A WWII generals vehicle or GP car. It looks like it's been through a battle or two, but runs like a tank, stops and drives great. Needs a good deep cleaning.
Top of the motor was rebuilt. New battery and cables. Dual carbs rebuilt and tuned. Starts every time.
This is a 1941 Buick 8 with a straight 8 Fireball motor. 3 speed on the tree transmission. Newer exhaust. Newer brakes. Fuel cell replaced and lines.  Also have some spare parts included in some boxes as well as spare tire.
Have title in hand. Cash only. No trades.   Price lowered. $4,200 Or best offer.

email: 78681f8329043c84b9a59f5c1a917ffc@sale.craigslist.org

101414_iJaoCUjgyxUz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg01010_bcjQpSZkNxQz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00M0M_30bZxQSHo5Qz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00U0U_2aqIdaCom9Zz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00J0J_fLiTqDYH51sz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00q0q_i9SIWhw2o2Lz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

To further my point if you look at the firewall which is paint a light avocado green and the look at the door jambs which were sort of a medium green this was probably a pretty car at one time. But the seller got out the can of Krylon and messed it all up. The seller made sure this car would never be restored. A shame!

And mine looks like it was sanded with pea gravel before it was repainted. Thankfully I can't see it when I'm enjoying the drive. 

Deep down inside I think the owner figured it would never be a show car again and decided to have some fun with it. Sure is ugly!

okay, I get it. I must admit with the proper used of rattle can paints the results can be pretty good. I still think if the existing paint on a car is bad an d you can't afford a half way decent paint job than leave it alone. A quick and dirty rattle can job is not the answer. 

I think the only thing that was rattle canned was the white stars on the doors. It looks like the faded old green paint to me. I'd be fine with the car just as it is. Not all cars need to be restored, many should just be preserved. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Buick35 said:

Looks like a good deal.The parts alone should be worth it. I wish I had the dual carbs. on my 35. I wonder if the radio works. Wish I were closer.

Indeed not much to complain .If you buy it you will have

Sun visor

Good running engine

Dual carb set up

Newer exhaust and brake system

Original radio

Complete car with title with thousands of parts .

I made an offer on a 1940 Buick here in Belgium and i would thank God if i could buy this car here in the neighborhood .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deac said:

okay, I get it. I must admit with the proper used of rattle can paints the results can be pretty good. I still think if the existing paint on a car is bad an d you can't afford a half way decent paint job than leave it alone. A quick and dirty rattle can job is not the answer. 

Different strokes for==

Ben

I would be more concerned about the bad rust in the body (under the driver's door, for example) than the crappy paint job.  But I still think the price is fair assuming that it actually runs a well as claimed.  As has been pointed out, even just as a parts car it's quite a bargain.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, deac said:

I rattle caned my son's old Volvo 30 years ago...I did quite a bit of prep and it was a big improvement. He was able to sell it for $500 when previously the local Volvo junk yard turned it down!