***STOLEN*** 1952 Studebaker Commander Starliner hardtop with trailer!

8E45E

Can he offer some more pertinent information?

From what town and state was it stolen?  I didn't see

that vital information, though he says he was at a

show in Kansas.

And when did this happen?  He posted "yesterday" on

the Studebaker site.  That would be late November,

yet he refers several times to late September.  Surely he

isn't announcing this for the first time two months late,

so is he mistaking the date?

And he gives no contact information.  He should provide

the phone number of the police department involved.

May the criminals get their just punishment!  They will.

• Like 2

Guarantee the trailer was stolen and the perps had no idea what was inside. It happens a lot. The car probably was dumped someplace not far away.

Terry

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on this, Craig. I'm an hour away from Omaha, so I'll keep an eye out for this pretty Studebaker. I now also know to keep an eye out for people prowling storage facilities. This is the kind of place I keep a couple of my cars. I usually think of secure storage as low risk for something like this, but I'm obviously wrong. I'm guessing there was video surveillance at this place?? Hope it helps them find the car and thieves.

People who steal old cars need to be punished. People who steal old Studebakers need to be punished...severely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Incredibly, we have a happy ending with this one.  The car and the trailer were found nearly intact, 9 months later.  My '52 Studebaker was stolen! - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Not all 'stolen vehicles' have as good of ending as Frank's car did.

Craig

WOW!!! Very glad to hear this car and trailer has been located.  Hard to believe it is nearly intact 9 months later.

Tim

• Like 1

Wonderful, I just read about the find on the SDC forum. I always thought it would be found. Too unique to advertise, not valuable enough to risk trying to fence. They had to keep it hidden or any sighting would lead right back to them. They had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

• Like 1

Since the cops caught at least one of the dumbasses who stole it, hopefully he'll turn in his fellow morons and they'll all enjoy some well-deserved time in the slammer.

That is surprising and excellent news! 

Council Bluffs seemed like it had a pretty big old car community when I visited last year...I was only there for one day but saw nearly a dozen old cars. That would make it seem less likely the thieves would be able to do anything with a stolen car, considering it was likely known in the area. I don't get people's thought process some, er, a lot of times.