For Sale: 1936 Rolls-Royce - $25,000 (near Daytona Beach, FL)

Not Mine

https://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/d/deland-1936-rolls-royce/7553945446.html

1936 Rolls-Royce type 24/30 motorcar. A true classic. Runs and drives but needs some TLC.
Needs a new muffler and some fabric top work. Engine, transmission, brakes all good.
Interior old, but usable. Drive as-is are restore to your desire. Be the first in your neighborhood to drive
a real Rolls-Royce.
$25,000

contact name:
Allan

(207) 889-00 three nine

ap0100000_rb8nTrKn2wz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

ap0300909_1SAngcP9I6ez_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

ap0401515_a99HytvGdonz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

ap0200d0d_7Nd5X0AT896z_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

ap0500M0M_eK08jhx1mMz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

ap0600c0c_7gcQrfbtbATz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

ap0700I0I_dlnfWKrXE5Ez_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

ap0800w0w_jTbtKrKu8Apz_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

There are a lot of benefits to owning a pre-war Rolls-Royce. Even a small horsepower one like this. The club is very active, and you find other like-minded collectors to help you. Personally I would probably look for one with a slightly more attractive body. But if you’re gonna put your blood sweat and tears into something interesting, this isn’t the worst choice.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

I see a whole lot of "YIKES!" on that car.

If you didn’t have religion before you bought that car, you would discover it quickly when paying a bill for a competent shop repairing and servicing it!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, edinmass said:

If you didn’t have religion before you bought that car, you would discover it quickly when paying a bill for a competent shop repairing and servicing it!

Ed, I hear what you are saying .... but what and when did the  old car hobby turn to hiring everything done. My dad had anywhere from a dozen or so cars  my entire youth  from our 1902 Crest  to  a 1958 Alpha . We fixed cars like this old RR. We had a garage with a pit, air, torches and a Sears paint gun. Fifty years later Im still fixing cars. Im not restoring them.... I get them in the shop ,clean them up and sort out what they need to get over the road. Ive had 2 - 20hp Rolls , both turned out to be good decent used cars because I think they both had  better car that if they were a Chevy or Plymouth. Another point to make is not everyone can afford a Ghost  but still want the RR  ride  to the ice cream shop.

I tell  a lot of youngsters , get off your phone and your ars, get some basic tools and get started. Its not rocket science. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mikewest said:

a 1958 Alpha .

Iph the phine motorcar phactory phrom Milan had named its company aphter the phirst letter of the alphabet, it would be perphectly phine to repher to it as an Alpha. However, the name of the company is Alfa, an acronym phor "Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, West Peterson said:

Iph the phine motorcar phactory phrom Milan had named its company aphter the phirst letter of the alphabet, it would be perphectly phine to repher to it as an Alpha. However, the name of the company is Alfa, an acronym phor "Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili"

My phone would autocorrect to Alpha.  It doesn’t speak “classic car” very well

7 hours ago, West Peterson said:

Mr Peterson, You are correct  Alfa- Alpha... I only went to the ninth grade in Livonia (one year at the big school). I had to help out at our family farm to keep the place afloat.   But did learn to put WEST  after Mike even though my teachers and friends would always refer  to me as WEST!!!!

I've had a 20-25. It wasn't much more attractive than this one. If I were ever to get another old car, a small HP RR would be at the top of the list although I'd much prefer a 20HP (the previous model). My favorite is the Ghost, after that the PI but both of those are, realistically, out of my likely price range now. I once had a deal made on a Weymann bodied 20HP. The seller accepted my offer and then sold it to someone else before I could send him the money (this was all in pre-internet days). I always think of that ^&*@ when people go on about how everyone in the old car hobby is to wonderful.

The worst thing I see about that car are the stains on the head which suggest to me that the head may be cracked. The original finish was a baked black enamel that is very durable so for it to have been lifted off by rust is concerning. Also, something is going on with the carburetor. A 20-25 should have an updraft carburetor. That looks as if one of the later down draft carbs from a post-war Silver Dawn has been fitted.

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)
  • Like 1