Who went the extra mile to help you at Hershey?

playswithbrass

I would like to publicly thank Ron and Lois Rubenstein for the help they gave us. We had a big problem with how to deal with a trailer, a 1906 Cadillac and parking. They listened, understood the difficulties and went above and beyond to make things happen. Then, they came by on the show field on Friday to make sure it had all worked out. A situation that had made us totally stressed became unimaginably smooth.

Thanks again, Ron and Lois

• Like 2

I spent a few mins visiting with friends from Hershey Region, Ken Gamble and Kurt Froebel and learned the entire Hershey Region really pulled off a miracle in the rain preceding the opening of the flea market fields.  They came out to begin marking off spaces only to find that the entire parking areas over by Giant Center had been seal-coated.  That had obliterated all of the reference point markings used to do the lay-out.  They literally had to start from scratch - in the rain!  I'm surprised they were still standing - and smiling on Monday!   Thanks guys - only if everyone knew all the behind the scenes work that is done there by VOLUNTEERS!

Terry

Kurt, Ken, Terry.jpg

• Like 8

I'll once again thank Stan Kulikowski, Pat Buckley, Stacy Zimmerman and several others who personally ensured that the two Cadillacs my friend was showing were accommodated despite arriving after 10:00, due to a fatal accident that shut down 78W and trapped us at a standstill from 6:30am until 8:44am.  Stan understood the circumstances and encouraged us to continue on when we were considering turning back for home.  Upon arrival, we connected with Stacy, and then Pat, who were able to connect the remaining dots and get us replacement window cards and judging sheets.  From there, another few volunteers got us placed in our classes, and judges were sent back to evaluate our cars.  They turned a morning of aggravation into another enjoyable Hershey Fall Meet, topped off with a First Junior for the 1990 Brougham d'Elegance and a Repeat Preservation for the 1977 Coupe deVille. 

IMG_1682D.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

• Like 5

I think the whole crew from the Hershey region and all the volunteers need a big thank you from me. I enjoyed my first Hershey because everyone of you put so many hours and phenomenal effort into making this event just perfect. To think that was all for me, you guys are fantastic!  
THANK YOU ALL

dave s 

• Like 4

I am a writer but am at a loss for the proper words to state how much my son and I appreciate the outstanding efforts that the Hershey Region as well as all the other members of AACA put towards making "Hershey Week" the Greatest Show On Earth. None of us can ever comprehend the number of hours they all contribute nor the incredible amount of patience they have for all the rest of us who may get 'cranky' because things aren't going fast enough for us to then wander around and have a great time.

We are all so fortunate to have such an event like this for so many decades that just keeps getting better and better and we can think of over the long winter months .

Sincere appreciation to all, with my greatest respect as well.

Walt

• Like 2

I also send out a Huge thanks to the national headquarters AACA staff and especially to the HERSHEY REGION VOLUNTEERS,

who have made Hershey week the Best Week of my life for the past 35 years.

I am only half kidding my friends when I tell them, I am Attending a "RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY" every October in Pennsylvania.

We all bring our offerings, worship our idols, commune with our fellow believers, receive our spiritual renewal and leave with "gifts".

This year also a  Special Thanks to BRAD on the HERCO Security team who expertly reopened my swap meet vehicle,

after I locked the keys inside Thursday AM.. and lastly Mabel and her staff at the HERCO Hot Shower Department,

always the BEST MONEY  I SPEND at The Swap Meet EVERY YEAR !

• Like 1

I had to get to an unplanned meeting on Thursday morning over in the red field.   I've been having some problems with my left hip so by the time I got to the apple cider booth on the chocolate field on my hike back to headquarters, I was hurting pretty bad.   Gordon Wolfe of the Hershey Region , who was working at the stand, noticed my limp and took his time to give me a ride back to my truck.  Going above and beyond is what makes people appreciate the Hershey experience!!

• Like 3

I appreciate this thread.  Usually it is all about what went wrong or something we did not like yet every year so many people go out of their way to help members during the fall meet in more ways than you will ever know or could count!  I know my team here went out of their  way before and during Hershey to help people.  Nice that these folks are being recognized. 

• Like 5

The people at the AACA Museum.  I went there to do research on the exhaust system for a 1928 Chrysler Model 72.  They were so helpful.  The car was in a storage building behind the museum.  It was dark and I could not see anything.  They assisted me by finding an extension cord and light.  They did this with an attitude of helpfulness not seen very much in today's society.  A big bravo to them for their help.

• Like 4

I left my spots in the Chocolate field for a quick inspection of the green Field, without my three wheel shopping cart. Somewhere where Green and Orange meet I found two doors that I just had to have. One on each shoulder I made it to somewhere close to an AACA tent when a lady from Hershey Region asked if I'd like golf cart ride. SURE! It was raining, I sat in the back hanging on to the doors and had a great conversation and ride back to my spot. I never got her name, but thanked her and her fellow Hershey Region members for another great event. 

Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Well, minor thing but appreciated.

One of my  knees has decided not to participate in the walking part of my peregrinations.

I did make it to the brass car area of the show field, albeit slowly.

Coming back, I was on the road close to entrance,and struggling.

Stopping to deal with it, and in obvious distress (though my wife calls me drama for my exaggerated sighs), a young man walked over to me from the insurance booth, asking if I needed assistance.

My pride said no, I thanked him, and I went on, but the offer was much appreciated….

A very BIG THANK YOU to Miss Karen in the AACA office. No matter how hard and long she works she still answers the phone with a happy voice and is always trying to go the extra mile to make things easy for a member. She’s great! When the person you are supposed to talk too is not available she doesn’t make you call back or talk to an answering machine, she tried to help you get what you need. That is such a rare quality in anyone today. I wish I had employees with that attitude when I had my company. Miss Karen you are a very special person, I’m sure the head kahuna knows that but if I ever get to meet him I will be sure he does. 
Thanks for your help. 
dave s 

• Like 2

Dave sorry for the late reply but Karen and others here are spectacular in their willingness to help a member.  Very proud of our team and they know it.  The job all of them did with the heaviest of hearts due to the loss of Chris Ritter was simply amazing.  This building is suffering a lot of pain yet we know we are here to serve so we are soldiering on.  

Steve, it is hard when anyone passes at such an early age but to have it so suddenly unexpectedly is heart wrenching. Chris would be proud of the way all of you handled this tragedy and still pulled off a very successful Hershey. His legacy will be around for future staff and members to use as an example on how to live life and give back to others. His laughter will echo in the halls for a long time. I’m sure he would want you all to be laughing again soon. 
dave s