41 special for sale

Neal with an a

I have a 1941 Buick Special for sale. Price 7500.00  The car runs , could use some tuning. The brakes have been redone with many new parts and work perfectly ( stop straight with no pulling) A complete new wire harness - period correct has been installed. New fuel tank and line installed, rebuilt carbs on the original 248 ci straight 8 with compound carburetors.All new correct bias tires installed complete with spare. The transmission was replaced with a rebuilt one from Bob’s automobiles. The original one will go with the car. I f interested you can text me at 315-532-3140EEF056A6-1435-478A-A573-CAE5CA6D0B37.jpeg.13d3522a4001c06632ea9d74698e2ec0.jpegBCFB2289-D442-49DA-9B0C-599406B446C4.jpeg.bed813f4161a63c72f2a7776741ea054.jpegD4C43CB4-2116-4E2A-99D6-B38C5657F234.jpeg.ec3c00fd2442ec2d3a5c2104592997ef.jpeg

• Like 4

I am located in Oswego NY about 45 minutes north of Syracuse. The interior has the original seats front and back with vinyl covers. The covers are in very good condition with no tears. I attempted to post an interior pic but this forum only allowed three because of the file size. The interior does need attention but the car is not a show car. The under side of it is in remarkable condition with the original floor pans with the exception of a patch in the trunk pan.

I should have mentioned that the car comes with the following spare parts- a generator-a new headliner (still in box) - several spare carburetors - a few extra taillight bezels and front turn signal bezels- an entire new exhaust system from y pipe to tailpipe ( still in box)- an original radio- rocker mouldings-extra gauges- spare clutch and pressure plate-and some other interior trim parts

Edited by Neal with an a (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

41 is too early for blackout in any make, as far as I know. That is a 1942 thing, and not from the beginning of the model year. It happened sometime after the US became involved in the war. The 1942 model year would have started in late 1941 before the US became involved in the war.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

I bought the car about 5 years ago with the grill and bumpers already blacked out. I personally like the look. I thought I would post it here on this Buick club site because other people would appreciate it, and for the most part they do. I am surprised to see a wise ass comment (Morgan) posted. I guess theres one in every crowd.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bloo said:

41 is too early for blackout in any make, as far as I know. That is a 1942 thing, and not from the beginning of the model year. It happened sometime after the US became involved in the war. The 1942 model year would have started in late 1941 before the US became involved in the war.

That is kind of what I thought, but I have seen very few blackout cars. Like 1 or 2 up here in the North.