how do I clean whitewall tyres

31 LaSalle

I have a set of new whitewall tyres which were fitted by the previous owner

not what I would have fitted but I can live with them

just like to know best way to keep them white 

hate to see them on cars when they have turned a yellow colour

This subject has been tackled here before with at least half a dozen answers. There is a product here called bleach white for white wall tires. I have not used it. I have wide whites on my motorcycle and use Comet (kitchen cleanser) and a stiff scrub brush. Gets the tires perfectly white.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have used Black Magic, Bleche-Wite for years along with a nylon bristle brush and it works great. Stay away from anything abrasive, it will actually "scuff" the whitewall causing it to attract dirt.

• Thanks 1

the OP is in Britain - the same brands may not be available.  Wesley's Bleche-White is a liquid cleaner sold with auto waxes, polishes, etc and has been a staple in the US for decades.  SOS pads are fine steel wool impregnated with a soap.  Comet is a brand of what we would call cleanser, I think "scouring powder" in British English.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, bryankazmer said:

the OP is in Britain - the same brands may not be available.  Wesley's Bleche-White is a liquid cleaner sold with auto waxes, polishes, etc and has been a staple in the US for decades.  SOS pads are fine steel wool impregnated with a soap.  Comet is a brand of what we would call cleanser, I think "scouring powder" in British English.

HI bryankazmer   thanks for for the interpretation 

Still the question of whether Duragloss has a presence in UK.

When we hosted the 1995 Oldsmobile Club National in Greensboro NC, we approached the Baileys (just down I40 in Burlington) for some door prizes and goody bag items. Their counter-offer? Let them set up a swap meet space at no cost and they'd not only supply what we'd requested but supply car wash items for the meet's wash area.

They knew exactly what they were doing. Once the Oldsmobile folks tried the Duragloss products, they sold out at the swap space every day, and got plenty of mail order sales from across the US.

On 9/18/2022 at 2:34 PM, rocketraider said:

Still the question of whether Duragloss has a presence in UK.

When we hosted the 1995 Oldsmobile Club National in Greensboro NC, we approached the Baileys (just down I40 in Burlington) for some door prizes and goody bag items. Their counter-offer? Let them set up a swap meet space at no cost and they'd not only supply what we'd requested but supply car wash items for the meet's wash area.

They knew exactly what they were doing. Once the Oldsmobile folks tried the Duragloss products, they sold out at the swap space every day, and got plenty of mail order sales from across the US.

You can order it in UK, but it is not cheap....

See duragloss.co.uk

See motorgeek.co.uk

See desertcart.co.uk

Frequently Asked Questions About Duragloss 701 Whitewall Tire Cleaner 22 Oz White in Great Britain

Where can I buy Duragloss 701 Whitewall Tire Cleaner 22 Oz White online at the best price in the Great Britain?

desertcart is the best online shopping platform where you can buy Duragloss 701 Whitewall Tire Cleaner 22 Oz White from renowned brand(s). desertcart delivers the most unique and largest selection of products from across the world especially from the US, UK and India at best prices and the fastest delivery time.

Is Duragloss 701 Whitewall Tire Cleaner 22 Oz White available and ready for delivery in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle in Great Britain?

desertcart ships the Duragloss 701 Whitewall Tire Cleaner 22 Oz White to London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle and more cities in Great Britain. Get unlimited free shipping in 164+ countries with desertcart Plus membership. We can deliver the Duragloss 701 Whitewall Tire Cleaner 22 Oz White speedily without the hassle of shipping, customs or duties.

Does desertcart have 100% authentic Duragloss 701 Whitewall Tire Cleaner 22 Oz White online?

desertcart buys Duragloss 701 Whitewall Tire Cleaner 22 Oz White directly from the authorized agents and verifies the authenticity of all the products. We have a dedicated team who specialize in quality control and efficient delivery. We also provide a free 14 days return policy along with 24/7 customer support experience.

Edited by Phillip Cole (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

I had a 1929 Model-A phaeton many years ago that when I got it.  It had double sided white walls from Coker.  All the white walls were a dull yellow and nothing I used would make them white again.  So I called Coker and asked them what I could do.  At first all I got were laughs from various people at Coker.  Saying that they haven't sold those tires in years.  One person, a lady, said to use wet/dry sandpaper on them.  So the 'ol lady and I commenced too wet sand all (car had sidemounts) the white walls.  We used 420 and maybe 600 grit paper.  It made one heck of a mess in the drive way, but I drank multiple brews during the process so it wasn't to bad.  It worked too.😊

Capt. Harley😉

"Skirts are for Women not Car Fenders!"

• Like 1

My father always had me scrubbing his whitewall tires with Brillo scouring pads, which contain soap. They worked great. I don't know if you have them in Britain, but you probably have something similar. Just wet them, scrub and rinse. Worked every time. 

You could also try Bon Ami scouring powder if you can find it it. It's non-abrasive, never scratches, and also works well. I'm a drummer, and I use it on my cymbals. It's very inexpensive and works very well. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DrumBob said:

My father always had me scrubbing his whitewall tires with Brillo scouring pads, which contain soap. They worked great. I don't know if you have them in Britain, but you probably have something similar. Just wet them, scrub and rinse. Worked every time. 

You could also try Bon Ami scouring powder if you can find it it. It's non-abrasive, never scratches, and also works well. I'm a drummer, and I use it on my cymbals. It's very inexpensive and works very well. 

yes we have brillo pads here in the uk I will give them a try