Floor mounted cup holder?

Den41Buick

I am looking for a cup holder for my 1941 Buick that will be floor mounted (rested). Has anyone found a good product to account for the floor hump? It doesn't look like there are options for older cars. Thanks!

Is there any way to remove the ashtray, keep the ashtray door open, and make something to fit into the opening?  Or, can this be clipped onto the open ashtray?

image.png.863399b344b22ce90811df26580bb253.png

I bought a cup holder that clips onto the driver's door panel of my El Camino.  It's similar to this:

image.png.d883f2ed55ab22da854d946dba413905.png

I was trying to find a picture of one of those old cup holders like those ^^^^^^ I remember those plastic ones that sat on the transmission hump in P/U's in the 80's when cupholders became a thing.  Couldn't find a picture of one of those but did stumble across this company https://www.malls-12.top/products.aspx?cname=car+floor+cup+holder+organizer&cid=2 but hold on to your wallet when you see the prices

My wife cannot go anywhere without a drink (non alcoholic!) She does not like riding in my trans am because there are no cup holders. There are a couple of options out there for them but I refuse to get one. A few weeks ago I spent all day cleaning her mustang inside and out. The very next day my grandson says, 'pop, mom mom spilled her starbucks all over the inside of the mustang!' AND she wonders why I dont want cup holders!!

Edited by TAKerry (see edit history)

This might work for you......... I used it on my '39 Buick.  Open the glove box and it clamps on the bottom front of the opening and sits on the glove box door.

One side is deeper than the other.   Think I found it at Target but that was at least 5 years back.   There is a knob on the front (right side of picture) that adjust the clamp. 

It is yours for the shipping. 

cup holder.jpg

The 41 Buick doesn't have the hump that we might be thinking about from the 50's-79's cars.  It is wide and barely has a crown in it.  As Studemax says, building your own is the best option.  Something could be built to sit on the seat between the two front seat passengers or on the floor.  If on the floor, it would be rather low and not convenient for the reach.  If on the seat, then you sacrifice elbow room.  Either way, those cups that have closeable lids are necessary, the disposable coffee cups from the fast food guys aren't reliable.  

To get to cup holder you want/ like I think you will have to build it yourself.

Spilling a cup of anything on wool upholstery would have been a MAJOR catastrophe in the thirties.

I can remember the 'no food or drink in the car' rule that was strictly applied.

The owner's manuals of the thirties and forties had pages of stain removal instruction.

By the mid fifties (?) synthetic fabrics seem to have replaced the wool and was much more durable.