Forest Grove Concourse Show - Jul 17 - Forest Grove, OR

Thank you Xander W!

I am pretty sure that 1928 Pierce Arrow seven passenger sedan with the "non-Pierce Arrow" lamps (actually a Pierce Arrow option at the time) is the one discussed somewhat in the "Not Mine" for sale section of the forum late last year. It was advertised widely, with some confusing information that made me doubt some of the ads may have been legitimate or not. Some of the advertising indicated the car may have been in the Midwest or even farther East. However, someone known on the forum claimed to know the car, and verified it as being in Oregon. It later showed up at a Portland swap meet, and I heard it was sold. Nice to see it again!

Also a few really early (even by MY standards!) cars! The 1896 Riker Electric is wonderful! Fantastic! Expletives escape me! So is the Duryea! I cannot tell if the sign says "Stevens-Duryea" or not, nor the year? 

I applaud the effort to "dress the part" at car shows! However, a 1920s flapper sitting in the front of such an early automobile appears a bit anachronistic to me. While the gentleman's attire appears a bit "loud" for circa 1900, style-wise it is not far from reasonably proper. And if you have seen much original clothing from the era? SOME of it was more brightly colored than you might imagine!

Again, THANK YOU! I needed something to cheer me up.

• Like 2

Some points of interest to maybe a few here?

Out of curiosity, noticing the signs for the 1927 film classic "The First Auto" posted on each side of the Duryea, I checked with IMDB, and found that one of the cars used in the film was a then (1927) restored 1903 Stevens Duryea! Seems that maybe that was this car? Other cars restored for use in the film included an early Holsman and an early White steamer. Barney Oldfield had a cameo, and was shown driving 999. According to the trivia on the film, Barney was given top billing because after the film was completed, the actual male lead was killed in an unrelated automobile crash. The film company preferred to avoid drawing attention to his role after the crash. and switched credit positions between the star and Barney.

Been a few years, but I have seen the movie!

I also blew up the picture of the Riker Electric! The information sign on the car says it was a prototype, and indicates it was being displayed by a grandson of A L Riker!

I may need to find out more about both of those cars!

4 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Some points of interest to maybe a few here?

Out of curiosity, noticing the signs for the 1927 film classic "The First Auto" posted on each side of the Duryea, I checked with IMDB, and found that one of the cars used in the film was a then (1927) restored 1903 Stevens Duryea! Seems that maybe that was this car? Other cars restored for use in the film included an early Holsman and an early White steamer. Barney Oldfield had a cameo, and was shown driving 999. According to the trivia on the film, Barney was given top billing because after the film was completed, the actual male lead was killed in an unrelated automobile crash. The film company preferred to avoid drawing attention to his role after the crash. and switched credit positions between the star and Barney.

Been a few years, but I have seen the movie!

I also blew up the picture of the Riker Electric! The information sign on the car says it was a prototype, and indicates it was being displayed by a grandson of A L Riker!

I may need to find out more about both of those cars!

I see a few car identities not yet confirmed - time to go back and finalise them - IMCDb.org: "The First Auto, 1927": cars, bikes, trucks and other vehicles

Mary and I enjoyed the show yesterday. Two years without the show can be an eternity, when you are the age of some of us. I applaud your dedication photographing all of the cars and sharing with the group! It's always been one of my favorite shows. In past years I have been fortunate to drive two of my cars across the stage. Hard to believe that the first time was 1980!

The weather can be hot for the show, but yesterday it was in the low 70's with just the right mix of clouds and sun. The kind of weather we confirmed natives of the PNW live for. A day spent at FG is one of the best attitude adjustments that I can imagine.

I have been to that show many times.

I went to high school in Forest Grove, my shop rest room walls are covered with FG Concourse posters.

Its bee several (you know how time flies) years since I last went, and the cars sure have changed. Several hadn't been made yet when I was living there.

I live about thirty miles away now and since all of my family has moved, I don't get over there very often.

I do still have a few HS buddies that I look up on occasion.

Thank XW for the presentation. I suspect you must be hanging out fairly close to me these days.

Look me up some time. I usually have some cold beers stashed.

I live in Newberg.

However, l am leaving this afternoon to Puyallup for the Good Guy's Griots NW Nationals.

I get up to the Wednesday Beaches Cruise at PIR once in a while.