1937 Buick Limited Series 90 Limo - $29,500 Eastern OR

Seems a bargain if you think of it as price per pound! 

Just need to lose those wheels! Geez! 

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/d/powell-butte-1937-buick-limited-series/7481102919.html 

Too much blather in the ad to post the whole thing, but it's been stored in a heated garage and hasn't been driven for 10 years.

(Has it been started?...unknown) Supposedly stock except for added AC(!) and THOSE WHEELS!

Call anytime at 541 977 zero five one six 

00K0K_gykiLB7Flbaz_0gg0cc_600x450.jpg00W0W_jPtBtF56lB8z_0gg0cc_600x450.jpg00C0C_c3yNC8n2y5cz_0gg0cc_600x450.jpg01212_gGmS8fVzbh6z_0gg0cc_600x450.jpg00G0G_9DyzM8eD5ktz_0gg0cc_600x450.jpg01010_2CkhzP5dxAMz_0gg0cc_600x450.jpg00k0k_lSujTVIQUmaz_0gg0cc_600x450.jpg00303_eBd479kZdAnz_0gg0cc_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

There appears to be a bit more than the wheels and A/C that is not stock as original. Most of which would not be noticed by many people but I really don't understand why someone chose to paint the fenders the wrong color. Other than that, the sealed beam headlights, exterior horns, radio antenna, radio and a few other less noticable things that are difficult to see in the photos posted. I don't care for the interior fabric choice, and would certainly be curious to see the body data plate to see what the interior was supposed to be.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

Must be such a really spectacular vehicle that a photo of the complete car would completely overwhelm a person and send them into a state of the vapors.

Exactly.  A person would have been better served to simply take the cover off the car and spend less time typing out that whole thing.

I really wish we could go back to a time when professionals created ads.  The ability for people to do it on their own highlights, and sadly seems to make acceptable, many basic problems we have in our country-lack of patience, pride, education, and common sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GregLaR said:

The horns are better suited to a freight train.

Looks like that's where they got them!

5 hours ago, 39BuickEight said:

I really wish we could go back to a time when professionals created ads.  The ability for people to do it on their own highlights, and sadly seems to make acceptable, many basic problems we have in our country-lack of patience, pride, education, and common sense.

I miss the time when most cars were sold by way of the local newspaper. When guys had to pay by the line they were far more concise in their wording and far less flowery in their descriptions.

• Like 2

I clicked here wanting to see a Buick 90, and now I'm sick and wish I never took the time.......sad, such a cool car that was ruined. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since they added A/C, maybe it was used for weddings or other events, maybe proms too...

"This was the vehicle our daughter chose for her special wedding, 2011(See pictures). Since then, we've stored it away under cover. "00D0D_lVpOdQlCY9zz_0gg0cc_1200x900.jpg.76e22ceb36dfad33d04364169630c177.jpg

Looks like perhaps now even the newlyweds are walking away from the car . . . . ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I honestly try to be gentle in these situations but you can't uncover the car to sell it?    This ad probably deserves all the crap it is getting.

Both the car and the advertisment are "double flushers"..............the rest of my comments are withheld due to poor taste and AACA jail........😝

• Like 1

I'm with you alsancle.   I don't know if sellers like this are too lazy,  just plain stupid or deliberately trying to raise my blood pressure. 

Here is the lead picture of a 1969 Impala listed on craigslist this morning:

blur.jpg.8239a9461db5199d3f56a52706b4b503.jpg

18 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

I'm with you alsancle.   I don't know if sellers like this are too lazy,  just plain stupid or deliberately trying to raise my blood pressure. 

Here is the lead picture of a 1969 Impala listed on craigslist this morning:

blur.jpg.8239a9461db5199d3f56a52706b4b503.jpg

I’m probably being too generous, but I always assume it’s somebody older. Obviously most people under the age of 60 can handle a smart phone, which can take ridiculous pictures.  Or they have access to children or grandchildren with a phone.

10 hours ago, edinmass said:

I clicked here wanting to see a Buick 90, and now I'm sick and wish I never took the time.......sad, such a cool car that was ruined. 

It would not take too much to return it to decent condition. If you removed the extra horns, replaced the wheels with originals, removed and repainted the fenders to match the rest of the car, reupholstered the car in the correct material and remove a few other "upgrades" you would have a fairly decent car. Unfortunately, it would probably take $15,000 to $20,000 to fix it, which means you would need to buy it for about $10,000-$12,000 for it to make sense.    

Edited by MCHinson (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I don't know, if one were to want to go into the wedding limo or wine tour business those upgrades might be alright.

They may be incorrect, but someone took some pride in it.

I don't think the wine snobs around here would have any idea that the car was modified as they tuned in that tiny television and popped a cork.

I know the AACA is about originality above all...but seeing that car at a wedding might be the spark that ignites a lifelong hobby for a younger person who never had the opportunity to attend a classic car show.  The average person on the street doesn’t know the difference but it still is a striking sight that is memorable for potential future participants in the antique car hobby.  At least it still has mechanicals other than a SB350 under the hood.  Don’t forget that in the current era no one under 80ish would have ever seen a true classic car in everyday use on the street.  I expect that many older AACA members can relate how the sight of a particular car sparked their interest...

• Like 1