Member Introduction - Steve Lopez from Fresno, California

Hello, my name is Steve Lopez from Fresno, California.

I own a 1937 Buick Roadmaster 4 door series 80 with dual side mounts. I purchased it 4 year ago.

I also own a 1949 Chevy Deluxe 4 door Fleetline. This was my first car I purchased at the age of 18 years old (1984-$500).

I am also the President of the "REUNITED" CAR CLUB, est. 1987.

Thank you for welcoming me to this forum.

• Like 6

Welcome to the family. You will find many diverse opinions, attitudes, likes, dislikes, here as well as many who feel that the car they own is the very best of all - they are correct too as it is the very best for them. It will be a place for you to learn a lot about a lot of things automotive. Share a photo or two of your cars with us.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Lopez said:

I own a 1937 Buick Roadmaster 4 door series 80 with dual side mounts. I purchased it 4 year ago.

I also own a 1949 Chevy Deluxe 4 door Fleetline. This was my first car I purchased at the age of 18 years old (1984-$500).

Welcome to the fun house!

• Like 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Member Introduction - Steve Lopez from Fresno, California
10 hours ago, Steve Lopez said:

Hey Steve,

Welcome aboard, 

I was out to Fresno once in 2002, I was there for a Board Meeting for the Vintage Chevrolet Club so I was not able to get around much, but my son  and a friend of mine went through a huge junk yard out there and was amazed at all of the stuff there, again that was 20 years ago.  Got to meet a lot of the California guys at Hershey the over the past couple of years which has been pretty cool. Several of the us have developed good  friendships and we have been going out to dinner a few times during the Hershey week, and they 'bunk' their purchases at our spaces in the Red Field North for the week until it is time to take everything to UPS on Friday (this year Thursday), good times! Last week I had a call from a guy from Oakland just checking in to see how I was doing. 

Again welcome aboard, love to see some photos!

• Like 1

Welcome Steve,

Be sure to scroll down this forum to the prewar Buicks section for more info on your Buick.  My sister lives in Fresno, so I do visit every year on the weekend the HCCA swap meet happens in Tulare (used to be in Bakersfield).  

• Like 1

Steve, I too hope you have stock automobiles, that is what AACA is about - Preservation of original features .   I too noticed a lot of low riders in the videos of the cars in your club you are President of. Is it an affiliate - region - chapter of a national club that focus on modified cars ?