What year would this be?

Mudbone

Any chance of getting a pic of the body tag?  Lol

It's hard to give a value with this little info.  Is all the glass there?  Is the engine and tranny there?  Air cleaner???  If all that is good or at least there, I would say $2,500

It def looks like a 1950.  Since it is a 4 door post sedan, whatever model it is, it is the least desirable body style (as I'm sure you know).

Edited by usnavystgc (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It's a 1950 Buick Super Model 51 4-door Tourback Sedan with a 121 1/2" wheelbase . . .  one of 55,000+ built.

It would be the prfect model for the President of the 1950s Buick More-Door Club to drive after the wheel rims were painted red and wide-wide whitewall tires added.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It is a 50 Super model 51 Tourback sedan as Mack53 stated. The easy way to tell is by the one piece windshield and the square rear quarter windows. That car is in way better shape than mine when I first got my junk yard bound Super named "Toby". If in doubt please follow "Meet Toby my 50 Buick model 51" story under "Me and my Buick" thread on this forum. I think that historic car should be preserved as the one at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington DC depicting the family car of the era.

7A1F81E0-7FE1-43D8-B9CA-73BC9C0E3EB0.jpeg

• Like 6

Ooh boy,  to restore or not to restore or maybe even just destroy?!  Please do not cut it up.  Having tackled a car in this shape, I would say, get something you really love to put the amount of time and money into to get it going.   You don't live forever.   I would never do a four door - four slams = no clams is the old edict - and it holds true for 99% of the cars. 

Value?  $2000?  It's not a desirable model in my humble opinion but it could bring that if the right buyer came along.  There are others in the club with better ideas on that than me.

Tell your friend to put it on Craig's List and it will magically disappear from his garage and a certain amount of money will appear in his hand.

Edited by Dan O (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 6:40 AM, Rusty Heaps said:

Who in their right mind would cut something like that up for scrap? The logic escapes me!

Knuckleheads do it all the time. They don't see intrinsic value or history, they see scrap metal weight.

Four doors notwithstanding a 1950 Buick has style and presence, especially a higher-line car like a Super. I'll admit I don't "get" the four-door stigma. To me a nice old car is a nice old car.

If the floors are all that's bad, and no one thinks it's worthy of restoring, there's thousands of dollars worth of salvageable parts. What does a set of intact bumper guards go for?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

They don't see intrinsic value or history, they see scrap metal weight.

They don't see the value of a dream.  I have owned many cars like that and expect, hope, to own more. To lean back on a particularly grueling day and imagine one of the many simple tasks, the chase of an elusive part, or the first drive after years of disassembly has inestimable value. A decent psychiatrist will get $800 to $1,000 per hour.

I have never had a car like that one that I didn't sell and get enough money to buy a similar one.

When all the cars I have are running and drivable my wife has said " You don't have a project car. I can tell."

Beware of the signs of creeping pragmatism. It will affect other areas of your life.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2