1928 Chrysler Piston Rings 6 Cylinder Needed

leomara

Hey Mark, Egge has nothing listed but I did not speak to anyone there, I've tried on two occasions to contact Otto with no success, no one answers the phone. 

Update: Did get hold of someone at Otto.  The plot thickens, several different piston rings could have been used.  I need to examine my pistons to determine what was used.   

Edited by leomara
Update (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 10:10 AM, leomara said:

Hey Mark, Egge has nothing listed but I did not speak to anyone there, I've tried on two occasions to contact Otto with no success, no one answers the phone. 

Update: Did get hold of someone at Otto.  The plot thickens, several different piston rings could have been used.  I need to examine my pistons to determine what was used.   

Call them. There isn't much they can't provide or make for old engines

It's gotten more complicated since my last post but maybe easier to resolve.  I'm now told I need to re-sleeve my block back to standard because the pistons marked "standard" really were standard on some other vehicle.  Boring out the block would have to go to .080 over, not good because of possible overheating and where are .080 over pistons going to be found.  So now I will need a new set of six 3.250 pistons with rings.  

Hello, About 10 years I did some work on my 1931 Chrysler CD-8.  The Piston land groves were shot. The stock bore was straight in the block.  I sent one of the old pistons to Egge and they made a new set. ( 8 ).  As I remember they furnished 8 pistons, rings and gasket set for $1200.  All things considered I didn't think this was bad.  If you had new pistons made they could match your wrist pin size. I would think other Piston makers could do the same.  Just a thought.  Think Spring/Hershey    Don

I'm surprised that no one mentioned these guy...

info@totalseal.com

They have made me piston rings very reasonably cost, for several odd applications..

For get all that old crap on Epay...  You'll get brand new technology, and quallity.

ERIC

• 1 month later...

Hi again, a set of rods that matched was located and Ross is supplying the pistons and rings.  I have no photos because I'm not doing the rebuilding and the rebuilding is not local.  An interesting discovery process, we found pistons marked "standard" in the block and thought, hey this is a good sign.  That is until the pistons were measured and found to be salvaged from some other unknown application, and as if that was not bad enough, the rods had altered wrist pin holes to match the mystery pistons.