Dang Em, Dang Em, Get a rope and hang Em.

Dandy Dave

2 hours ago, SC38dls said:

Well come on now JUNKYARDJEFF live up to your name and go check it out! Dave needs to know asap.  LOL 

dave s 

ps - Sorry warped sense of humor gets me in trouble more often than laughs.  I just couldn't resist. 

I would be glad to check it out since I want to go back to that yard,I have a friend that has never been there.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting....many people are ready to JB Weld it.......an asinine repair. Fixing it with heat could work....but not a good idea. Ultimately the customer who owns the car didn't have a broken cover when he brought it in........thus the ONLY correct repair is to replace the cover......which Dave did. Too many people take the  easy way out and it's always half assed. I work on lots of stuff.....accidents do happen. In my shop, we don't have idiots working on antique cars.......thats why things are so expensive to repair.......tractor mechanics get tractor rates for a reason..........shit like this happens. It's why professional repairmen are worth twice what you pay them.......for the stuff that doesn't happen.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, edinmass said:

It's why profession repairmen are worth twice what you pay them.......for the stuff that doesn't happen.

And yet.......And yet.............S**t does happen. The mark of a professional is honesty and the willingness/ability to make it right with the least heartburn to his client.........Bob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Bhigdog said:

And yet.......And yet.............S**t does happen. The mark of a professional is honesty and the willingness/ability to make it right with the least heartburn to his client.........Bob

Agreed! Dandy Dave is a friend who has visited our shop, and I have visited his. He's a good guy. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JV Puleo said:

Whoever writes the advertising for that product ought to be shot.

It's pretty good for a number of applications, mainly filling and sealing. For gluing structural bits together not so much........Bob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

It's interesting....many people are ready to JB Weld it.......an asinine repair. Fixing it with heat could work....but not a good idea. Ultimately the customer who owns the car didn't have a broken cover when he brought it in........thus the ONLY correct repair is to replace the cover......which Dave did.

Amen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, edinmass said:

It's interesting....many people are ready to JB Weld it.......an asinine repair. Fixing it with heat could work....but not a good idea. Ultimately the customer who owns the car didn't have a broken cover when he brought it in........thus the ONLY correct repair is to replace the cover......which Dave did. Too many people take the  easy way out and it's always half assed. I work on lots of stuff.....accidents do happen. In my shop, we don't have idiots working on antique cars.......thats why things are so expensive to repair.......tractor mechanics get tractor rates for a reason..........shit like this happens. It's why professional repairmen are worth twice what you pay them.......for the stuff that doesn't happen.

Damn Straight Ed. You and I are on the same page. 🙂 Things always seem have a way of working out if one has is patient. Fast and dirty ramming, jamming, and hammering usually makes the job harder unless your a rodeo bull rider. But then you take a lot of lumps. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 1