For Sale:  1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet Hardtop - $9,000 - Eastern Long Island-Bridgehampton, NY - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $6,800: December 2021:

For Sale: 1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet Hardtop - $9,000 - Eastern Long Island-Bridgehampton, NY -

Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $6,800: December 2021: See New Link Below:

1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Third owner of a well maintained 1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet hardtop. Factory built Signet Series with bucket seats, AM radio, optional 225 inline six cylinder. An older repaint in its original tan color with a few areas of wear.  It has the optional push button torque flight automatic transmission and manual steering with manual drum brakes.  This car was always in the San Diego, California area until I purchased it 5 years ago. The car is rust free.
-fully tuned with oil and transmission service -re-cored original radiator, -suspension and brakes also serviced.
-original window sticker, service booklet, and owners logbook present as well.  The car presents very well. Unfortunately, I will me losing garage space soon.  Serious inquiries only.  odometer: 104000
Copy and paste in your email:  8f74d7aff4c23257b6f745c33bd92ecc@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet Hardtop.

'63 Plymouth Valiant Signet LINY a.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant Signet LINY b.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant Signet LINY c.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant Signet LINY d.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant Signet LINY e.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant Signet LINY f.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant Signet LINY g.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant Signet LINY h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $6,800: December 2021: (see edit history)
  • Like 5

I've kinda been keeping an eye out for a slant six car or pick up for my grand sons first car.

These cars sure seem to be priced right up there, this one is especially clean but I have a hard time wanting to pay up for a nice one that the kid will probably destroy.

He wont be able to get his license for a couple more years so I will keep looking.

104K on the odo doesn't scare me with a slant six. Now maybe the transmission could fail but that engine will go forever.

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale:  1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet Hardtop - $9,000 - Eastern Long Island-Bridgehampton, NY - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $6,800: December 2021:

Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $6,800: December 2021:

1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet - $6,800 - Eastern Long Island-Bridgehampton, L.I.N.Y.

1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Third owner of a well maintained 1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet hardtop. Factory built Signet Series with bucket seats, AM radio, optional 225 inline six cylinder. An older repaint in its original tan color with areas of wear.
-It has the optional push button torque flight automatic transmission and manual steering with manual drum brakes.  This is a collector Mopar that is rarely seen.   This car was always in the San Diego, California area until I purchased it 5 years ago. The car is rust free.
-fully tuned with oil and transmission service -recored original radiator, -suspension and brakes also serviced. -original window sticker, service booklet, and owners logbook present.  The car presents very well. Since it is a California car, the undercarriage is virtually rust free.
Serious inquiries only.  Price is firm.

Copy and paste in your email:  4adc01831c523377a425057f4cdb0ca6@sale.craigslist.org

• Like 1

Back in the 1960s I had a '60 Valiant V-200 with TorqueFlyte, and a '64 V-200 sedan with the 225 and 3-on-the-tree. Both were strong and dependable.

Even though I have no need for it, I might consider this one more in the $5K range, and a Signet convertible would be even nicer.

We also had a red '66 Dodge Dart GT convertible, but it was a dealer's wife's special order with the 318ci, TorqueFlyte, bucket seats, console, and several extras.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

We also had a red '66 Dodge Dart GT convertible, but it was a dealer's wife's special order with the 318ci, TorqueFlyte, bucket seats, console, and several extras.

I'm wondering if it didn't come with a 273 cu.in. Even my 66 Formula "S" Barracuda didn't have a 318 in it.  

I think these are best-styled small cars of the era, with a drivetrain that'll run forever. Good color, too.

$6800 seems like a solid asking price to me.

My sister's boyfriend had a '64 Dart GT with a 318 and a 4 speed. As far as he knew, it was a factory setup. Great car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 9:02 PM, Fossil said:

I'm wondering if it didn't come with a 273 cu.in. Even my 66 Formula "S" Barracuda didn't have a 318 in it.  

Fossil,

It was very specific, in that the dealer's wife specified a Special Order -

She wanted a red '66 Dart GT Convertible

Black bucket seat interior with console

3-speed TorqueFlyte

Power Steering

No Power Brake

She insisted that it be ordered with the 318 - and NOT a 273 (which would have been the typical optional upgrade)

So, YES, I'm very certain that it had the 318ci. It cold really scorch the tires.

Dealers (and their wives) were able to get some very special handling - especially at that time!

My daughter's '66 Barracuda came with the 225ci and TorqueFlyte.

Maybe whomever ordered your "S" Package Barracuda either didn't have enough pull with Chrysler Executives, or didn't ask?

• Like 1

In 1966 the LA318, the 318 engine that looks like a 273, didn't exist yet. The only 318 that was around in 1966 was the 318 wideblock, the last of a line of engines that began in 1956, and the engine that made the 318's reputation. In 1966 it did have the same bellhousing and crank bolt pattern, and used the same type motor mounts as a 273.

The wideblock 318 is directly interchangeable with a 273 in a larger car, except for probably the exhaust hookup. I don't recall ever seeing one in a Dart/Valiant. I have often wondered if it would fit without bumping into things, as it is quite a bit wider than a 273. It looks like it would be a tight squeeze.

As for the 1966 Barracuda Formula "S", the 273 was available with a four barrel carburetor in 1966, and the four barrel option for the wideblock 318 had disappeared back in 1962 or 1963, so no big surprise they used the 273 in the Formula "S".

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Like 2