FS. 1958 Buick Century 66R 2 Door Sport Coupe

bubba

1958 Buick Century Coupe.  32,780 miles  Power windows, Power Brakes, Power Steering, 6 way Power seat, Radio with  Rear Speaker and Fader,  Drivers outside rearview mirror with spotlight, special white paint . I looked a long time to find a highly optioned car.  The mileage is supposed to be original and the interior looks it to be except the rug. I believe the drivers side has been repainted. Has new brake hoses and dual master cylinder added..  Need adjustment cause they grab.  New shoes. The seat moved one way and didn't go back.  Was tuned up.  Carb rebuilt. Price is  $20,000.  The car is only for sale because I am not supposed to drive anymore.   In New Jersey  bimorph@yahoo.com

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

Edited by bubba
New (see edit history)
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely beautiful car. With the amount of chrome on this car, it would take a fat wallet to re chrome everything. That having been said, this one is done and for 23K this sure looks like a great deal for a '58 Century.

• Like 1

anyone know the location of this car?

If I had seen this ad 3 months ago I would have been all over it.  But I've looked at 4 or 5 cars in the last few months and came up empty handed.  Sellers nowadays flat out lie about their cars.  This car is at a bargain price for some reason and the seller ain't telling you.  

On 6/9/2021 at 7:41 AM, John2012 said:

I sold a 58 Roadmaster 2 dr hardtop in 2019 for $26K. The demand for these type of cars is not that strong.

I think that the demand is held back by the cost of restoration. My car has less than half of the chrome that this car has and I paid 6k just to redo the chrome. The ' 58 Olds is the same story, so much chrome that I would cost some large dollars just to do paint and chrome on these cars. 

I spoke to the seller and he say's the car is solid.  He's selling because he has a Parkinson's disease type of condition.  He sounded like a stand up guy who is selling his old car that he said he had been searching for over two years.  The car was in the southeast part of country before got it.  It sounds like a decent car but I heard that before...

The problem is, it doesn't have air condition, which was available.  I had a white Special many years ago with factory air.  The other problem I would ask is, does the speedometer and the windshield wipers work?  This car had vacuum powered windshield wipers that worked off of a double action OIL pump....not a fuel pump as was normal.  Mine went bad and pumped oil into cylinder #1, causing it to foul and miss, and clouds of smoke and raw oil came out the tail pipe.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 1:03 PM, bubba said:

1958 Buick Century Coupe.  32,780 miles  Power windows, Power Brakes, Power Steering, 6 way Power seat, Radio with  Rear Speaker and Fader,  Drivers outside rearview mirror with spotlight, special white paint . I looked a long time to find a highly optioned car.  The mileage is supposed to be original and the interior looks it to be except the rug. I believe the drivers side has been repainted. Has new brake hoses and dual master cylinder added..  Need adjustment cause they grab.  New shoes. The seat moved one way and didn't go back.  Was tuned up.  Carb rebuilt.

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

Edited by bubba (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hello
    I saw your 58 Buick in the Bugle classifieds. I see that it is an old ad. If you still have the
car can you leave me a contact number or give me a call?
    Thanks,
                     Jerome Barry 321 752 3950 Melbourne Fl.  This is a landline, I do not text.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...