64 riviera a arm splash guard clips

64Rivvy

Does anyone know a source for the metal clips that hold the rubber splash guards onto the a arms at the bottom of the inner fenders in the engine bay?  I'm detailing and painting the inner fender aprons and am going to replace the torn rubber splash guards. I'm missing 2 clips on the pass side and 1 clip on the driver side. 

Thanks,

64 Rivvy

It depends on exactly how strictly original you want to be with your '64. Those are not original style.

The original clips are all metal and have 2 flexible ears that push through the rubber and through the metal to hold.

Mr. G. used to sell them. I'm not sure if they still do. You will have to search through their PDF files. You have an original so you know what to look for.

https://mrgusa.com/fasteners/

64rivvy,

If you have the original clips & they are in good condition & not all rusty they should have a green tint on them.  Don't know what kind of coating it was or if it was some kind of rust proofing applied. 

I MAY have some. I will have to take a look. See what kind of condition yours are in & best to send some pics.

Tom T.

1 hour ago, telriv said:

64rivvy,

If you have the original clips & they are in good condition & not all rusty they should have a green tint on them.  Don't know what kind of coating it was or if it was some kind of rust proofing applied. 

I MAY have some. I will have to take a look. See what kind of condition yours are in & best to send some pics.

Tom T.

Tom is correct. I redid my splash guards 2 or 3 years ago. The color is kind of like the old Army olive drab. The attached picture shows a couple of examples. This color was used on several different clips or retainers in that era. I was able to get a reasonable facsimile using a combination of a couple of different shades of camo spray paint.

Bill

IMG_6424.JPG

On 12/6/2020 at 4:46 PM, Riviera63 said:

Tom is correct. I redid my splash guards 2 or 3 years ago. The color is kind of like the old Army olive drab. The attached picture shows a couple of examples. This color was used on several different clips or retainers in that era. I was able to get a reasonable facsimile using a combination of a couple of different shades of camo spray paint.

Bill

IMG_6424.JPG

Yes, that dull green finish on a stamped metal clip is what I remembered on my '63 when I had mine apart.

I don't have any extra to offer. Perhaps someone with a parts car can offer some.

3 hours ago, 64Rivvy said:

These are the clips that are on my car. Are they not the original clips?  

20201208_233017.jpg

20201207_095921.jpg

Yes. That's original. That's what you want to get.

It may no longer have the greenish tint finish on it. 

10 hours ago, NailheadBob said:

I would try AMK products at: www.amkproducts.com If you know the Buick part number you could enter that in the search window. I hope this helps. The group # 8.154 part number 587283 OR 3950610.

Bob

IMG_4039.JPG

In the search window use B-14179.  When you get the page, click on the picture to get to the details for ordering.

Minimum order is $30

How many are needed for both sides?

I'm willing to go in on an order with a couple of other guys.

Ed

POA.jpg

1/4 HOLE T-HEAD RETAINER .19 PNL OLIVE. 8 pk B-14179 $8
btnAddToCart.png
1/4 HOLE T-HEAD RETAINER .19 PNL OLIVE. 25 pk B-14179-25 $18.75
btnAddToCart.png
1/4 HOLE T-HEAD RETAINER .19 PNL OLIVE. 50 pk B-14179-50 $34.38
btnAddToCart.png
1/4 HOLE T-HEAD RETAINER .19 PNL OLIVE. 100 pk B-14179-100 $62.50
btnAddToCart.png
1/4 HOLE T-HEAD RETAINER .19 PNL OLIVE. 250 pk B-14179-250 $140.62
btnAddToCart.png
1/4 HOLE T-HEAD RETAINER .19 PNL OLIVE. 500 pk B-14179-500 $250
btnAddToCart.png
1/4 HOLE T-HEAD RETAINER .19 PNL OLIVE. 1000 pk B-14179-1M $437.50
btnAddToCart.png
1/4 HOLE T-HEAD RETAINER .19 PNL OLIVE. 2500 pk B-14179-2.5M $937.50
btnAddToCart.png
1/4 HOLE T-HEAD RETAINER .19 PNL OLIVE. 5000 pk B-14179-5M $1,562.50
Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks. Can't tell on the greenish tint bc they are covered with years of grime on the back and the top of.the clips look like they were hit with overspray when someone painted the fenders a while back. As long as they are t he correct original style part in good with it. Thank you  

4 hours ago, arnulfo de l.a. said:

Count me in with Ed on an order if it happens

I'll do that.  But I need to know how many clips per car.  And I'll wait a few days to see if anyone else needs any.  We need to spend $30. A pack of 50 costs ~ $35. We could wind up with way more than the two of us would need.   I'll try to put something together in a week or so.

Ed

Ed,

I counted mine yesterday, there were 15.  8 on the left and 7 on the right.  Cars Inc also states 15.  Just a thought it's nice to have extras, so maybe 20 per person.  If we bought 100 pieces that 5 packages of 20 pieces at $12.50 plus shipping.  I'd be in for it.

Just a thought.

Art

Edited by awk409ak (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, awk409ak said:

Ed,

I counted mine yesterday, there were 15.  8 on the left and 7 on the right.  Cars Inc also states 15.  Just a thought it's nice to have extras, so maybe 20 per person.  If we bought 100 pieces that 5 packages of 20 pieces at $12.50 plus shipping.  I'd be in for it.

Just a thought.

Art

All,

When I pull up the picture of the splash guards in the Cars catalog and count the holes there are 9 on each side, which is 18 total.  I'll have to recount mine today.

Art

fa634.png

4 hours ago, 64Rivvy said:

I believe it’s 21 clips For Just the splash guards.I think there are a few other rubber pieces as well that would require some more clips I’m not sure what the total is altogether.   I would be interested also.

64Rivvy,

I don't know where you got 21 for the splash pieces.  If you look at the splash rubber there is only 18 holes.  What I'm I missing.

Art

fa634.png

18 minutes ago, awk409ak said:

64Rivvy,

I don't know where you got 21 for the splash pieces.  If you look at the splash rubber there is only 18 holes.  What I'm I missing.

Art

fa634.png

Art,

There is another little splash piece not shown in this picture that uses 3 of the same clips.

Everyone,

I just went and pulled all the original clips and splash pieces off my '64 Riv I've been parting out.  They are for sale if anyone is interested in them...shoot me a pm.  I'll try and post pictures of them later this evening.

David

Two guys going together, or one guy restoring two cars, can buy the bundle of 50 and meet the minimum $30 plus S&H. @arnulfo de l.a. and @awk409ak if you're in for 25 each, I'm in for 50 (my 64 and the 65 GS) so I can place an order for 100 for $62.50.  That would be ~ $15.75 plus S&H for 25.  If you guys are in, let me know and I'll get busy on it

Ed

I'll order 100 and find out what the S&H is to my place.  I'll then sort the 100 into 4 groups of 25 and let you know how much for each of you.  What I need for each of you to do is message me with all of your shipping information, especially ZIP code, so I can calculate shipping to you.  I'll contact the seller in the AM.

Ed