Wagons Ho! Camping at 2021 National Meet

MrEarl

I just wanted to throw this out to anyone who owns or maybe rents campers. Please join us at the Charlotte Camping World Racing Resort  during the 2021 Buick Club National Meet. My wife Rita and I with the '79 Estate Wagon and '74 Airstream Argosy in tow will be there in lot N2 and N3, situated in front of a small pond with shade trees. There are several more spots available along the same row as well as many pull-throughs directly across from that row.  Sites are within easy walking distance (5-600 ft) to the show grounds (parking lot east of drag strip) on Saturday as well as to the host hotel and swap meet (1 mile). Only $30 a night with power, water and sewer hookups and restroom/shower facilities! 

I think it would be great fun to go to the meet and show during the day and come back to the campgrounds and sit around with fellow Buick enthusiasts and friends in the evening, telling stories and maybe even cook up some fried spam. So, Wagons Ho, hope to see y'all there.

1924635937_Screenshot2020-10-10130049.thumb.png.5d3baf2b740d2dbaf7795d212c931410.png

2109737635_Screenshot2020-10-101432362.thumb.png.21af4a55da88e4a1b34a1c6b73e9ead5.png

Host Hotel and Swap Meet V

344390661_Screenshot2020-10-10124915.thumb.png.72f631f481586329bc4bc1a982ee76f7.png

Show field V

2741960_Screenshot2020-10-1012544923.thumb.png.84050ac324e6ff1bb6c4ae1e81bf2f78.png

https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/camping/year-round-camping/

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 6

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Planning to come to Concord Meet and maybe camp at Mr. Earl's suggested site.

Can bring a Buick  - but sure would like to display our 69 Opel...

🐘

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So the BCA Nationals is canceled. But I'm not cancelling our spot at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Campground

As of right now, all the area in green is still available, approximately the same size as the previously planned show field. Anybody want to join us for overnight or if you have no camper, for the day. Am I serious? I've done crazier....

2121108437_Screenshot2021-03-03095243.thumb.png.b402cfbe1bee4361103e97e74f351005.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrEarl said:

So the BCA Nationals is canceled. But I'm not cancelling our spot at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Campground

As of right now, all the area in green is still available, approximately the same size as the previously planned show field. Anybody want to join us for overnight or if you have no camper, for the day. Am I serious? I've done crazier....

2121108437_Screenshot2021-03-03095243.thumb.png.b402cfbe1bee4361103e97e74f351005.png

I'm game. Not sure yet if I can swing it, but if it happens I'll see if I can get down there with my '64. We sold our camper years ago but I'd stay in a local hotel and hang out for the day.

• Like 1

Well @dei. . you're right about that. Her idea of camping is a 40' bus yacht or the Hampton Inn.  However at this point I don't know if she can travel any longer and she said I should go by myself.  I may have to see about re installing that class 3 tow hitch i took off the 56. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

John D.  You would not be happy in a tent. It’s hot and humid and doesn’t cool off much at night.  You need AC.

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. 

On 3/4/2021 at 12:00 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Could one pitch a tent there? 

When I drive from Wisconsin to Brownsville Texas I sleep in the back of the Buick Enclave. I drive hard as long as I can [have done Appleton to Dallas in one day] and sleep for 6 hours and pick my wife up at the airport. She would never do that and so no complaining and no car rental either!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

@DAVES89  unlikely I will be driving an Enclave if I can make the National Meet.  But that sounds like a good plan.   

We bought a place down here and she will be down here for 4 months,[me 3 months] which would be quite a car rental bill. We are working on getting a car down here full time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Considering this Special Announcement  I've been waiting for, me thinks we will be canceling our spot in Charlotte. 🙂

Actually who would want to camp and party on a hot and steamy black top campground in July anyway. Maybe I'll just throw a big Buick party at Buick Gardens in the fall.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Considering this Special Announcement  I've been waiting for, me thinks we will be canceling our spot in Charlotte. 🙂

Actually who would want to camp and party on a hot and steamy black top campground in July anyway. Maybe I'll just throw a big Buick party at Buick Gardens in the fall.

Now THAT is a party to look forward to.

Ben

• Like 2
  • Haha 1