TV Cars

TAKerry

I like the beaver episode when Wally buys the old ford. His dad finally made a deal with the junkman, he was going to pay him to take it away, in the meantime Wally parted out the car for much more than he paid for it!

Also, there was an episode where Wally wrecked the front end of his dads plymouth. He took it to the 'garage' for repairs, new headlight, paint and bumper. I think the cost was something like $30.

22 hours ago, GregLaR said:

George, is that the actual car today??

What a sad outcome.

Although similar, those cars have many different body lines, I suppose someone along the way could have hacked it up to put their own stamp on the thing.

Whilst on the 'Leave it to Beaver' theme, I heard an interview with Frank Bank (Lumpy) and he was talking about owning an El Dorado. Said he bought it when he was 16 or 17, while he was filming the show. I recall him talking about cruising on Hollywood blvd with it looking for a date!

On 8/12/2020 at 7:34 PM, Pfeil said:

Lucy and Ricky's new 1955 Pontiac StarChief;

Top 50 TV Cars Of All Time: No. 18, I Love Lucy's 1955 Pontiac

1955 Pontiac Star Chief Convertible with Lucy and Desi | Flickr

I believe this is Freds Cadillac;

v1.dDs1NTU4MjY7ajsxODUwMTsxMjAwOzYwMDs0NTA

The pics of Lucy and Ricky reminded me of their movie "The Long Long Trailer" so here's a clip of it when they're pulling the trailer up a steep mountain road.... :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

The pics of Lucy and Ricky reminded me of their movie "The Long Long Trailer" so here's a clip of it when they're pulling the trailer up a steep mountain road.... :)

Hard to imagine that 53 Merc with only a 255 flathead pulling all that weight.

Particularly with a few extra tons or rocks. Didn't they switch to a Lincoln at some point.

Anyone remember the movie that had an ending with a teensy FIAT pulling a big trailer ? Movie Magic.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 7:34 PM, Pfeil said:

Lucy and Ricky's new 1955 Pontiac StarChief;

Top 50 TV Cars Of All Time: No. 18, I Love Lucy's 1955 Pontiac

1955 Pontiac Star Chief Convertible with Lucy and Desi | Flickr

I believe this is Freds Cadillac;

v1.dDs1NTU4MjY7ajsxODUwMTsxMjAwOzYwMDs0NTA

That StarChief had a couple of very rare options...the 'Invisible Windshield' and the flip-flop 2-tone paint package.

10 hours ago, John348 said:

Remember the 2 plus hour chase scene in "Its a Mad Mad Mad World"

They could not afford that type of talent today to have movie with that many stars.

b9fb0666e78924fa2e581cff5df861d4.jpg

th (7).jpg

th (8).jpg

th (5).jpg

th (6).jpg

You forgot the flying Dodge pic and the closeup of Sergeant Bilko and Barney Fife. :D That movie came out in 1963 when I was 11 and it's the first one I remember seeing in a theater. For more info on one of the best comedies ever made check out this Wikipedia link....

Principal Cast:

Supporting cast

Uncredited appearances

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_a_Mad,_Mad,_Mad,_Mad_World

B1018D67-6B62-4E80-A037-5F132C28DC68_4_5005_c.jpeg

8C9EDBCB-1184-4B81-8A67-D4200B1528A4_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John348 said:

Remember the 2 plus hour chase scene in "Its a Mad Mad Mad World"

They could not afford that type of talent today to have movie with that many stars.

b9fb0666e78924fa2e581cff5df861d4.jpg

th (7).jpg

th (8).jpg

th (5).jpg

th (6).jpg

John, That movie car chases are all over L.A. and San Bernardino Counties and slightly in Ventura county . All of that was my back yard so to speak. How many people know where the big "W" was?  

Jack Benny's only scene. 

Having trouble, anyone having trouble?

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world! Jack Benny - YouTube

It's a Mad Mad Mad World Ethel Merman & Jack Benny - YouTube Yes, and we don't need any help from you!

Well! and drives off

At the time, Jack was driving the only Antique car in the picture at the time!

Go Back and make me another Old Fashioned, only this time don't make it so sweet!

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World | THE FILM YAP

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

It was in the yard of a movie executive but I don't remember his name....

It was just south of Abalone Cove in Palos Verdes at Portuguese Bend Beach club . In some of the scenes to the north west you can see Abalone cove and beyond the cove over the next bluff is where Marineland  of the Pacific once was. Some of the scenes to the south of the "W" while they are digging for treasure you can see Catalina island. That whole Palos Verdes peninsula was my surfing playground for over 50 years, among other places on the coast from north of San Francisco to Cabo San Lucas.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, padgett said:

Two of Jack Benny's trademarks were the way he says "Welll" and his 1923 Maxwell.

Jack Benny was raised in my hometown of Waukegan, IL. They still have Jack Benny Junior High School there. The sports teams are called the 39ers because Jack always said he was 39 years old no matter how old he was. Here is an old video of various things from Waukegan including the centennial parade from 1959 which Jack was in. There's also a couple of pics of the school in it....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Jack Benny was raised in my hometown of Waukegan, IL. They still have Jack Benny Junior High School there. The sports teams are called the 39ers because Jack always said he was 39 years old no matter how old he was. Here is an old video of various things from Waukegan including the centennial parade from 1959 which Jack was in. There's also a couple of pics of the school in it....

Great!!! When America was at its peak, before the Counter Culture ruined it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, broker-len said:

always was interested in the car seen in the OUT GANG  short-----FREE WHEELIN----did the studio have it built and what did it start out as and what happened to it

The little Rascals, later Our Gang Comedies 

The closeup thumb of the steering wheel tells us it is based on a Model T Ford although the whole body is probably made for movie.

IMCDb.org: Ford Model T in "Free Wheeling, 1932"

The best part;

image.jpeg.fe4dcef7200df2ecae9ba93fe4b1b548.jpegIMCDb.org: Ford Model T in "Free Wheeling, 1932"

22 minutes ago, padgett said:

Shouldn't the Kookiemobile have a black plate ?

No, the show ran from 1958 to 1964.

Up through 1962 California was using this plate;1956.jpg

And switched to this plate in 19631963.jpg

They say the blue plate came in 1969, however I picked up my new 1969 H-O LeMans in late December 1968 and I got my permanent Lic. plate in January were still Black plates;

1969.jpg