TV Cars

TAKerry

I don't have HBO (simply refuse to pay the satellite provider any more money) but I can catch original Perry Mason on FETV and between the Jerry Goldsmith theme music and the period cars and clothing, I greatly enjoy it. Maybe HBO will release the new series as a seasonal DVD box set.

I'm waiting for Showtime to release Penny Dreadful City of Angels 1st season. Yeah, I kinda like noir, old or modern.

22 hours ago, John S. said:

Pontiac Rally 1 wheels were an option until 1968. Several early ads show the 1968 G.T.O wearing them. 

I posted a picture with a comment on page 4;

Rally 1 wheels optional on 1966, 67, & 68 Tempest, Tempest Custom, LeMans, and GTO.

1966;Pontiac Promotional Photo Errors

image.jpeg.056defc3acf7b80cbbc86554e2df5992.jpeg

1967;image.jpeg.628664405c9855dafdee2826fc65004f.jpeg

1968image.jpeg.6d162babfa7ec0ab7c2508005ed9ed0f.jpeg

Pontiac also made a rally sport wheel that looked somewhat like the rally 1 in 1981, 

1981 Pontiac Phoenix SJ for sale or trade. for Sale in Charlotte ...

Edited July 28 by Pfeil (see edit history)

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)

I wonder if the same 58 Caddy was used in Hud.

Yes, through 1969 Pontiac Rally wheels had six lugs and Chevvy had five. Chev also had the flat center cap in 67 and 68-on had the tall center cap. Pontiac followed the Rally 1 with a spoked Rally 2. On the 1970 Grand Prix it was a 15x7 but Corvette had a steel 15x8.

3. Didn't pay as much attention to post '73 stuff (except for snowflakes), all my wheels were alloy. Thought those small slot wheels were an Oldsmobile thing also used on other corporate cars.

snowflakes.jpg

20 minutes ago, padgett said:

I wonder if the same 58 Caddy was used in Hud.

Yes, through 1969 Pontiac Rally wheels had six lugs and Chevvy had five. Chev also had the flat center cap in 67 and 68-on had the tall center cap. Pontiac followed the Rally 1 with a spoked Rally 2. On the 1970 Grand Prix it was a 15x7 but Corvette had a steel 15x8.

3. Didn't pay as much attention to post '73 stuff (except for snowflakes), all my wheels were alloy. Thought those small slot wheels were an Oldsmobile thing also used on other corporate cars.

snowflakes.jpg

1969 Pontiac Rally 2 wheels were always 5 lug Not 6. Rally 1 was discontinued for 1969

Pontiac offerings for 1969 - all cars;

1969 Pontiac Accessories Brochure Page 2

29 minutes ago, John348 said:

It's not TV but a local musician used my 50 Chevy a few years ago for an album cover, because he loved the patina 

SHOOT+THE+MOON+(2017).jpg

John, I hope you still have that Chevrolet. The 49-50 Styleline Deluxe is a favorite of mine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pfeil said:

John, I hope you still have that Chevrolet. The 49-50 Styleline Deluxe is a favorite of mine.

Yes I do, i had it out the other day, it is a great car! I bought it off the classifieds on this site about 6-7 years ago. It is my favorite car in my collection Thanks,

Did not mean to get the topic off track, but the car was in a video and on TV so technically it was on TV and used as a prop

1956-pontiac-chieftain-station-wagon

This car was Ozzie and Harriett's 56 Pontiac 870 wagon. Used in real life by Ozzie and also on the set. Last year a friend of mine sold the car. Another friend of mine went to H/S with Ricky Nelson.

The car has it's original 316.6 cu in, 4 Bbl. 227 H.P. engine and Slant Pan 4 speed HydraMatic and has factory A/C.

Note; the 56 Star Chief and the Safari wagon cars had the "NEW" dual Coupling  4 speed HydraMatic.

35 minutes ago, Pfeil said:

1956-pontiac-chieftain-station-wagon

This car was Ozzie and Harriett's 56 Pontiac 870 wagon. Used in real life by Ozzie and also on the set. Last year a friend of mine sold the car. Another friend of mine went to H/S with Ricky Nelson.

The car has it's original 316.6 cu in, 4 Bbl. 227 H.P. engine and Slant Pan 4 speed HydraMatic and has factory A/C.

Note; the 56 Star Chief and the Safari wagon cars had the "NEW" dual Coupling  4 speed HydraMatic.

That car was featured in Cars & Parts magazine back in the '80's or '90s.  I recall it was a very well equipped car, with power seats, but no power windows.

Craig

Robert Youngs ( Jim Anderson ) 57 Ford in father Knows Best;

IMCDb.org: 1957 Ford Custom Fordor Sedan in "Father Knows Best ...

Hugh Beaumont's ( Ward Cleaver ) 1957 Ford in Leave it to Beaver

Ford Custom 300 in "Leave It to Beaver" | Cars movie, Leave it to ...

Wards 59 Plymouth;

Gee Wally, That's Swell! Behind The Scenes With Leave It To Beaver ...

1960 Plymouth;

IMCDb.org: 1960 Plymouth Belvedere in "Leave It to Beaver, 1957-1963"

The best one, Beaver rolls dad's car into the street and causes a traffic jam;

Leave it to Beaver" on Universal City's "Colonial Street" and Beyond

image.jpeg.7a120b76411b9731eab7afdc68ce2f7b.jpeg

Lumpy's 40 Ford

Stars and cars

Stars and cars

Walley gets a 36 Ford;

Wally's first car... | Leave it to beaver, Old tv shows, Old tv

Then a more reliable 53 Chevy;

Top 50 TV Cars Of All Time: No. 25, Leave It To Beaver's Chevy 210