TV Cars

TAKerry

And how can we forget Kojak? 

My Grandfather retired in 1972, he watched this TV show, and liked the way the 73 Buick Century looked  and bought his first new car at 66 years old. He was so upset that the top of the rear quarters rotted out in 18 months. He had a lot of other problem with that car. It was nice light green color with dark green vinyl top

729263df9b34f8652f13431a87d446d9.jpg

z5.17.jpg

4d3c4a7f78e4ea264f804964c9b97791.jpg

I am surprised tv movie car discussions usually miss this cool big block Barracuda from the 79 B movie Phantasm.  A horror with terrible acting, no plotline to speak of but lots of car scenes, dirtbikes, guns and a little nudity, perfect movie for teen boys. 😁

faa85d_9baa8ecc34b74e8f879e3f59b20eee73_mv2.png

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

14 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Seems to have strayed a bit from TV so I will include a movie as well, no pics but 'Drowning Mona' starred Danny Devito, Bette Midler and a few more stars. Everyone in town including the police chief (Devito) drove Yugo's.

Yes but most of these movies were on TV as well.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:01 PM, John348 said:

Adam 12.......

th (9).jpg

Yes, I remember this wagon. While not as famous as Reed & McCoy's patrol cars were, it was the center of strategy at many incidents as Sgt. "Mac" McDonald's Mobil Command Unit.

ee9b8a1c186cadb0a8481ba70d7e21d3--adam--route-.jpg.3eb1a365aecd170ba62ae7958a4a3c20.jpg

7 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

I am surprised tv movie car discussions usually miss this cool big block Barracuda from the 79 B movie Phantasm.  A horror with terrible acting, no plotline to speak of but lots of car scenes, dirtbikes, guns and a little nudity, perfect movie for teen boys. 😁

Hah! Gene Siskel couldn't have given a better synopsis of this movie!

I remember it well Steve and we went to see it for exactly the reasons you named.

There has been an ongoing search for this Cuda for almost 4 decades. It appears to have been lost to the sands of time.

Phantasm.jpg.d08b3c0984c3a03a4afef2010928cb40.jpg

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, John348 said:

I remember a made for TV Movie "The California Kid" with Vic Morrow and Martin Sheen, might have been his first movie 

th (10).jpg

th (11).jpg

th (12).jpg

th (13).jpg

Hey John, Vic Morrow was also a Cop in Dirty Larry Crazy Mary.

Rob's Car Movie Review: Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry (1974)

His Name Is Studd: Classic Car Chases, part two: Dirty Mary Crazy ...

35 minutes ago, John348 said:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John348 said:

Let's not forget Dragnet,

i563756.jpg

i001321151.jpg

t117217.jpg

...and the other Jack Webb productions like Emergency! and Adam 12.  Lots of good rolling stock in every episode.  I understand that the red Dodge utiity truck used in Emergency! is on display at the Los Angeles Fire Museum.  Every time I see an AMC Matador it brings back memories of seeing loads of them at surplus auctions.  Government agencies really loved those cars!

And what about the Matador that was converted into an airplane?

"The Man With The Golden Gun"

Lots of great car stuff in the Bond movies, 

-Country Squire wagon in Goldfinger, along with a couple of other nice Fords

-Mach 1 chase scene in Diamonds Are Forever, not to mention the sweet little Honda 3 wheelers!

-and of course the Aston Martins are obvious