Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

15 hours ago, alsancle said:

j12?

Al, you have chose wisely.

J12 Hispano Suiza, coachwork by Van Vooren. Tag is present on lower portion of fender.

Very sinister car. V12, 24 spark plugs, dual magnetos, dual carbs, 4 exhaust headers and pipes. If I recall this was a 1938. 

Good job!

IMG_1827.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tph479 said:

Al, you have chose wisely.

J12 Hispano Suiza, coachwork by Van Vooren. Tag is present on lower portion of fender.

Very sinister car. V12, 24 spark plugs, dual magnetos, dual carbs, 4 exhaust headers and pipes. If I recall this was a 1938. 

Good job!

IMG_1827.jpeg

I presume that is Babette again - something of a stunner - 😉😀 - her hair style suggests an early 1950s photo, maybe.  

On 9/24/2023 at 4:28 PM, nzcarnerd said:

I presume that is Babette again - something of a stunner - 😉😀 - her hair style suggests an early 1950s photo, maybe.  

Last picture of Babette to post. The Hisso was my friends car and that was his lady friend at the time. I think it was in the 1955-1957 time frame. We used to joke about how he went from courting hot babes and collecting cool cars, to chasing old ladies with walkers at the dance halls and collecting Precious Moments Figurines.

IMG_5365.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Tph479 said:

Last picture of Babette to post. The Hisso was my friends car and that was his lady friend at the time. I think it was in the 1955-1957 time frame. We used to joke about how he went from courting hot babes and collecting cool cars, to chasing old ladies with walkers at the dance halls and collecting Precious Moments Figurines.

IMG_5365.jpeg

Jim was living large.  Babette was a smoke show.   Car is not bad either.

• Like 2

I think this '35 Hispano Suiza J12, Owned by W. Boone and seen in this super 8 film still at the 1966 O'Hare Stadium CCCA concours is the same as the "Babette" car.  Our friend Jim was quite a wheeler-dealer, so it's pretty likely that from the 50's to the 60's that car found a new home.  And possibly the same venue, Ohare was open from 56 to '68,  with that pony wall, fence & grandstands in the background.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 173238.jpg

Edited by HK500 (see edit history)
  • Like 3