Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Hommes, femmes et enfants occidentaux posent dans une voiture sur la route coloniale 14. Cette route permettait de faire le trajet Saigon - Da Nang (Tourane) en passant par Buon Ma Thuot. Son tracé passait par les lieux suivants : Chon Tahn - Dong Xoai - Buon Ma Thuot - Kon Tum - Da Nang (Tourane).

Renault Vietnam.jpg

12 hours ago, Jorge Amado said:

Hommes, femmes et enfants occidentaux posent dans une voiture sur la route coloniale 14. Cette route permettait de faire le trajet Saigon - Da Nang (Tourane) en passant par Buon Ma Thuot. Son tracé passait par les lieux suivants : Chon Tahn - Dong Xoai - Buon Ma Thuot - Kon Tum - Da Nang (Tourane).

Renault Vietnam.jpg

From google translate - "Western men, women and children pose in a car on the colonial road 14. This road made the trip Saigon - Da Nang (Tourane) via Buon Ma Thuot. Its route passed through the following places: Chon Tahn - Dong Xoai - Buon Ma Thuot - Kon Tum - Da Nang (Tourane).

15 hours ago, Jorge Amado said:

M. et Mme Miral sur la Barriaux de Vulpes [i.e. la Vulpès de Barriaux], Evreux 1907.

This is a Vulpès voiturette.

M_et_Mme_Miral_sur_[...]Agence_Rol_btv1b53226544s_1.jpeg

Found on Graces Guide - looks to be the same car. The make appears to have been short-lived - "1906. Produced 6-8 (two-cylinder), 10-12, 18-24, 30-40 and 60-75 h.p. (all four-cylinder) chassis. Agents for the UK were Seymours"

Im1906v3Auto-Vulpes.jpg

3 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

Found on Graces Guide - looks to be the same car. The make appears to have been short-lived - "1906. Produced 6-8 (two-cylinder), 10-12, 18-24, 30-40 and 60-75 h.p. (all four-cylinder) chassis. Agents for the UK were Seymours"

Im1906v3Auto-Vulpes.jpg

That's race driver Barriaux in the photo.

Vulpès built one of the first underslung cars, licensing the Vrard/Stabilia patent. Their 120HP racecar was entered in the 1905 ACF Grand Prix but didn't pass scutineering due to excess weight.

1 hour ago, Jorge Amado said:

That's race driver Barriaux in the photo.

Vulpès built one of the first underslung cars, licensing the Vrard/Stabilia patent. Their 120HP racecar was entered in the 1905 ACF Grand Prix but didn't pass scutineering due to excess weight.

Yes I saw a photo of that in my search.

1 hour ago, Terry Harper said:

1930 Jordan Model Z 

Dash Board of Jordan Model Z Speedway Ace - 1930

This is the interior of this progressively styled 1930 Jordan Speedway Model Z Ace roadster, the designer of which is a mystery.   Given the multiple advanced details possibly was one of the major designers active at the time creating this design as a consultant to Jordan.

'30 Jordan Speedway Z Ace roadster.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/24/2022 at 2:01 AM, MetroPetro said:

On 10/24/2022 at 11:44 AM, 8E45E said:

I imagine he's spraying laquer, with a cigarette in his other hand.

Craig

Birthed into the painting trade I remember smelling cigarettes and laquer on my father in some of my first memories as a child. Oh the stories we could tell (those of us who grew up in the painting trade). All I have to say is thank God I wore a respirator. 

Man, I think I caught a memory buzz just looking at that photo...

Somewhat auto and painting related, this looks like an early striping set up.

10426080_626957507440876_79796186260446170_n.jpg

11096718_519526681518763_3559171082282126133_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2