Which rare Car is this?

david2016

16 minutes ago, Spinneyhill said:

But is it a Lomax? It has doors and the Lomax does not. Nor do I see the prominent engine sticking out the side.

Those are the reasons I stated, "Or at the least, VERY similar." The body has the shape and front opening, but as you say, there are a lot of differences. That is the closest I could find.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

The circular chrome thing, with two spears on it, is a Stick on replica of the air vent on a Cadillac Escalade, available at Auto Zone.  Makes me think the car is somebody's idea of a sports car, not 

not a restoration.

My initial post on this was that it may have been a Morgan derivative.  Internet of Lomax name gives the initiation as a kit car from 1982.  The three wheel layout is very like the typical Morgan.   One of my friends here who was much more conversant with those, and had been terrified by one, told me that if the single rear wheel goes flat,  the car becomes like a centipede with the scrub itch.  One of Mike's friends fastidiously restored a genuine 3 wheel Morgan, but would not drive it.   No matter what power unit was used, be it 2CV, 2cyl fwd Subaru Sherpa, or a cross engine like a Lancia Beta, any modern special with that single rear wheel should properly be known as a "Darwin",  in reference to the possibility of removing someone from the population gene pool.

19 hours ago, Ivan Saxton said:

My initial post on this was that it may have been a Morgan derivative.  Internet of Lomax name gives the initiation as a kit car from 1982.  The three wheel layout is very like the typical Morgan.   One of my friends here who was much more conversant with those, and had been terrified by one, told me that if the single rear wheel goes flat,  the car becomes like a centipede with the scrub itch.  One of Mike's friends fastidiously restored a genuine 3 wheel Morgan, but would not drive it.   No matter what power unit was used, be it 2CV, 2cyl fwd Subaru Sherpa, or a cross engine like a Lancia Beta, any modern special with that single rear wheel should properly be known as a "Darwin",  in reference to the possibility of removing someone from the population gene pool.

A very close friend of mine was Killed when a 1936 Morgan Super Sport rolled over and crushed him. Previous to the crash he would tell me that it would go into a death wobble while cornering. I remember telling him to be sure that the tires were in good condition and not take any chances. Well, he like to live a little on the wild side and drive a little faster than he should have. All of us who knew him miss him very much every day. Dandy Dave! 

That was a Relaint Robin that tipped over in top gear, with the single wheel in the front. Also, he tipped it over on purpose. A single front wheel indeed makes a car prone to tipping and is a whole different game than having the single wheel in the back like a Morgan. If you guys have any 3 wheeled Morgans, Citroen kit cars, Liberty Ace, Polaris Slingshot, etc. you don't want, feel free to drop them all off over at my place.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

I once owned a 1947 three wheel Davis, single wheel in the front.  There's no way the car would tip over.   It has more to do with design geometry than location of single wheel, the Davis was very wide at the back, single seat but you could seat four adults across it!