Hershey Phys Ed

yachtflame

This was the first year that I could get to Hershey on a Tuesday and was able to walk the ENTIRE show fields. I was eligible for a handicap vehicle due to both feet having been operated on this year. I chose to walk instead of ride to build back the muscles in my feet. That being said, by 2 pm each day I sure wish I’d opted for the electric trike! 

The question I have is, has anyone figured out how far it is to have walked each and every isle? In my youth, I ran a mile in 4:36. Now being older, heavier and lazier, I figure I could walk a mile in 15 minutes. Double that for looking and talking and I figure I was doing 2mph. I walked 8 hours the first day and 9 hours the next two plus 4 hours on Friday for a total of 29 hours of walking times 2mph and I come up with 58 miles. That can’t be right. My feet and shins feel like the walked 58 miles but that’s just age “talking”.

Was any one carrying one of those ped counters?

Just curious as to how much of a masochist I actually am!

Wayne in Mass

• Thanks 1

I was walking with a friend who has one of those apple gizmos, and he was walking the grid each day, stopping at most pre war spots that were vending, he said Wednesday he did 22 miles........so 15 miles each day is probably a fair estimate if you always on the go. I know now in my 50’s I no longer sit down to eat or take a brake......it’s too hard to get up and moving again if I stop for more than just a minute or two. 

• Like 3

My wife wore a FitBit two years in a row now, covered in all starting 1st thing Wednesday morning and it totaled 31 miles.

No wonder we're so tired.

Terry

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Frantz said:

I live 22 miles from the Giant center... how about next year I collect the $15 for parking and you can park at my farm... and then we can just all walk to Hershey and see it all in one big line!

The issue is leaving your farm at midnight to get to the flea market by opening time!😁

According to Fit Bit and I phones we did about 25 miles in total. My excuses for taking a walk with my wife can't be used any longer! "If you can walk 25 miles in a flea market, you can walk a mile with me after dinner". Oh well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

According to Fit Bit and I phones we did about 25 miles in total. My excuses for taking a walk with my wife can't be used any longer! "If you can walk 25 miles in a flea market, you can walk a mile with me after dinner". Oh well.

I agree with your wife.

Susan has been my Hershey buddy for many years.  She is the one who introduced us to technology - she spends her time and hard-earned money looking for MG suff and always takes pride in covering every inch of the market.  I love it-when she spots something I might be interested in, she snaps a photo of the item and vendors space # and sends me a text.  Sometimes I've been known to tell her to hold the item in her hands, don't put it down, and wait for me to get there.  Other times I'll tell her to just buy it.  I've added some nice things to my collection this way.  This year she had cataract surgery and said she did it before Hershey so she could see more stuff better. It seems to have worked well.  Expensive?  Worth every penny IMHO.

Terry

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

What's a WIFE? Sounds expensive........

If its got tires or ti.........

Its EXPENSIVE!!   At least the one with the tires won't get up leave on you and keep your house in the end!

Craig

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1