1963-65 Dealer Service Bulletins

Jim Cannon

A short note to remind newcomers to this Forum and new Riviera owners that I have scans of the original Buick Dealer Service Bulletins for the '63, '64 and '65 Buicks for sale on CD for $10 for '63 and '64, $12 for the '65 (requires 2 CDs), plus my actual postage cost to get it to you.  In the USA, Priority Mail is $7.35 right now.  Overseas postage is more.  I have alternate delivery options to overseas buyers; contact me for details.

The scans are a series of PDF files, organized into Groups the way Buick organized them.

I also have the '63 Buick Master Chassis Parts Book scanned on CD for $10+postage.  It includes many drawings of the cars with part group number references.  This CD is also a series of PDF files organized into Groups the way Buick organized them.  This CD is "searchable" across all of the PDFs on the disc (which is handy when you are not quite sure where to look for a part).

I can mail up to 4 CDs in one mailer for the Priority Mail flat rate, if you want several CDs.  This cuts down on the average postage per CD.

I'm not out to make a killing off of these, I offer them as a service to 1st Gen. Riv owners.  I'm mainly recovering my cost of materials.  I've sold a few dozen in the past 10 years and everyone has been pleased.  Email me at 63Rivvy (at) gmail (dot) com and let me know what you need.  Payment can be with PayPal, personal check or cash.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Yes, there are 3 bulletins in '65 discussing the headlight visors.

Here's the Index for Group 10 - Electrical. The scans on the CDs are much clearer than this screenshot.

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 9.56.04 PM.png

Edited by Jim Cannon (see edit history)
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, JJ62 said:

Jim,

Do the '65 bulletins include the clamshell adjusting/maintenance instructions?

I picked up one of these last month.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Buick-Clamshell-Headlight-Shop-Manual-Riviera-Repair-Service-Clam-Shell/361569558662?fits=Year%3A1965|Model%3ARiviera&hash=item542f39a086:g:zTAAAOSwR5dXROK5

Craig

13 minutes ago, Craig Balzer said:

I can't tell for sure without seeing this publication (48 pages) but it sounds like they have taken the 3 Dealer Service Bulletins related to the visor headlights and combined them into a single publication. I don't know if Buick did this for their shops or not.

They are getting $24+6 shipping=$30 for 48 pages. My CDs have hundreds of pages for $17. Maybe I should raise my prices?

• Haha 1

Attention out there.

No matter what you think you might have found, the complete series offered by Jim is still the best deal you'll find.  Even if he does raise his prices.  A $10 hamburger always tastes better than a $5 one.  It has to; it costs more.  Right? 

• Like 1

There are numerous examples of getting rid of unsalable merchandise by raising the price and calling it a "limited edition" or some such. :D 

Irrespective of that, this is the best document deal going for these cars.  If you work on your own car, you need this.  If you don't work on your own car, you really need it -- because the guy you're paying to drive the wrench probably knows even less than you do.

The best "deal" out there, at least as it relates to the headlight service bulletin,  is the fact I have been sending copies of the headlight service bulletin (the 28 page comprehensive version which is a summation of all the bulletins), first paper and now a pdf file, to ROA members for decades for FREE.

This is just one of the benefits of ROA membership which is already an incredible value

Tom Mooney

• Like 3

Good day.

Outta curiosity, would there be a way to receive the pdf files electronically? Unfortunately, my computer CD's are now being stored near my 8-track and cassette collections as neither of our operable Mac laptops have CD capabilities. I'd certainly be more than willing to pay a similar CD cost for the pdf files, but the plastic, hence the files, does me no good. Personally, I don't know much about setting up a file transfer, ( but I do download a lot of client files, etc at work, but for all I know you already have a stack of CDs burned with the information) but some form of a DropBox site where once we pay for the files, we get a password to access the files to download would be handy.

Anyway, just wondering...

HO HO HO... twenty-twenty and beyond...😀

Later,

Mike Swick

Edmonton, AB

----

• 3 months later...

Hey Jim, I'd like to buy your service bulletins for my '65 Riviera but since I live abroad (Switzerland) would you consider zipping these files and sending them through a file transfer service (like for example wetransfer.com) ? 

It's pretty easy to use, safe, and I'm using this service to transfer big files around.

Thanks for your reply.

Phil

ROA 13717

• 10 months later...

I still have these for '63-'65 Buicks.  $10 for the '63 or '64; $12 for the '65 (2 CDs) plus Priority Mail shipping is now $8 for up to 4 CDs. Email me with questions or to buy. PayPal is easiest but I take paper checks in the snail mail. Electronic delivery is an option, save the postage, if you are comfortable with that.

• Like 1

Great timing, Jim. A digital transfer makes things so easy. And the CD's won't end up in "The Pile" somewhere. PM your email for Paypal.

About 10 days ago I bought a BMW service manual as a .PDF. It is 940,635K. I decided it was time for a little digital organization. Your data will fit right in.

I am organizing this collection as well:

001.thumb.JPG.02d5ea46e7dad22950f5332253ff7819.JPG

• 8 months later...

I still have these for '63-'65 Buicks.  $10 for the '63 or '64; $12 for the '65 (2 CDs) plus Priority Mail shipping is now $8 for up to 4 CDs. Email me with questions or to buy. PayPal is easiest but I take paper checks in the snail mail. Electronic delivery is an option, save the postage, if you are comfortable with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jim Cannon said:

PMed

• 2 weeks later...

New delivery option available for these documents:

Several people pointed out to me that their computer no longer has a CD drive, so getting the Dealer Service Bulletins scanned as PDF files on CD was not so practical for them.

I can now send them to you on a little USB flash drive. The drive will hold up to all 4 of the documents that I have:

• 1963 Buick Chassis Master Parts book - $10
  • 1963 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins - $10
  • 1964 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins - $10
  • 1965 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins - $12
  • The USB drive (regardless of the number of documents on it) - $2.

Domestic USPS Priority Mail postage, unfortunately, has gone up - $9 now $10 (sorry)

I still offer them all on CD, as before, if that works for you:

Domestic USPS Priority Mail postage - $9 now $10 (sorry)

For our members that live outside the USA, I also offer digital download delivery. It's a bit more work for you, but it is faster than international mail service, which is also quite expensive.

• 1963 Buick Chassis Master Parts book - 10 USD
  • 1963 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins - 10 USD
  • 1964 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins - 10 USD
  • 1965 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins - 12 USD

Email me at 63Rivvy (at) gmail (dot) com if you'd like to get any of the above.

Thanks!

Edited by Jim Cannon
Update postage price. (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

These are great bed time reading for those with insomnia.

Nah just kidding, these are a great resource for trouble shooting our Buicks. The parts listing is an excellent resource for good diagrams of where the watchamacallit fits onto the thingamebob. Because the Riviera was new in ‘63, they included many diagrams specific to Model 4747. Has certainly helped me on both my Buicks.

And the Service Bulletins are interesting as they often show close up views of the engine or other parts which shows how things looked originally such as firewall wiring, heater hose routing etc. So even if the topic is about something else, the pictures or diagrams are invaluable! 

Highly recommended 
Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

I ran thru a lot of printer paper at work thanks to Jim...  He offers an excellent resource at very good price. 

I figured it would be good to have it in hardcopy for reference...

Hope the boss doesn't audit my photocopy account 😁

On 11/15/2021 at 9:07 AM, Jim Cannon said:

New delivery option available for these documents:

Several people pointed out to me that their computer no longer has a CD drive, so getting the Dealer Service Bulletins scanned as PDF files on CD was not so practical for them.

I can now send them to you on a little USB flash drive. The drive will hold up to all 4 of the documents that I have:

• The USB drive (regardless of the number of documents on it) - $2.

Domestic USPS Priority Mail postage, unfortunately, has gone up - $9 now $10 (sorry)

I still offer them all on CD, as before, if that works for you:

Domestic USPS Priority Mail postage - $9 now $10 (sorry)

For our members that live outside the USA, I also offer digital download delivery. It's a bit more work for you, but it is faster than international mail service, which is also quite expensive.

• 1963 Buick Chassis Master Parts book - 10 USD
  • 1963 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins - 10 USD
  • 1964 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins - 10 USD
  • 1965 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins - 12 USD

Email me at 63Rivvy (at) gmail (dot) com if you'd like to get any of the above.

Thanks!

Hi Jim 

I will email you Re these as sounds like valuable material.

I also run Mac with no cd drive so thinking download.

regards Ron Dundee

• 5 months later...