1915 Cadillac Barn Find

Not mine. Someone here may want it. It's on FB

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156358284776430&set=gm.2831126170325631&type=3&theater

Here's the ad & poster name:

Hey! Anyone here know of this? 

It’s a 1915’s Cadillac Phaeton - original- 

Anyone want to buy it? $12,000 buys it.

I haven't tried to look at facebook more than a few times in the past six years! My internet connection is too slow and their geeks are too self-absorbed to understand that not everyone in the world has reasonable access to true "high-speed" internet. Every time I have tried to look at something that might be of interest to me? The download crashes due to all their glitz and dancing goo-gaws long before it can load anything.

I wanted to SEE the " '15 Cadillac barn find".

I wonder if she is related to the famous Sam Addleman of 1950s fame as the guy who had every part to every antique car as related by Matt Joseph of "On Restoration" fame from Skinned Knuckles.  

This is a very rare collector car and one you wont see very often. Only 550 1928 Auburn Phaeton convertible sedans were produced that year. How many models could possibly remain in existence today? 1928 was the first year for roll up window on the four door convertible.

This prewar beauty is an award-winning car that has won National AACA and AACA Repeat Preservation Awards.

It is reported that this Auburn was the 1928 New York Automobile Show display model. It was purchased by a couple at the show and driven home to Indianapolis. The car remained in the family until the late 1960's.  In 1973 the car underwent a no expense spared, ground up restoration. It has remained in that family for 45 years now.

The dual side mount exterior is a gorgeous tricolor tan, brown and black paint that is in excellent condition. The top is tan and in excellent condition. The leather interior is a deep red and presents in excellent condition.

Engine is the Lycoming 8-cylinder 300 cubic inch paired with a 3-speed transmission with overdrive. The lube system is Bijur. Brakes are 4-wheel brakes on a 130-foot wheelbase. The gas gauge is a King-Seely.

This beautiful Auburn has years of maintenance records. It has completed several tours over the years. It is recognized as a CCCA Full Classic.

http://www.classicladymotors.com/used-vehicle-1928-auburn-phaeton-c-116.htm

704-996--3735

Used 1928 Auburn Phaeton Used 1928 Auburn Phaeton for sale $80,000 at Classic Lady Motors in Cornelius NC 12Used 1928 Auburn Phaeton Used 1928 Auburn Phaeton for sale $80,000 at Classic Lady Motors in Cornelius NC 16

The dealer offering that Auburn is one whom I

would not recommend.  Several years ago, she

acquired a 1932 Lincoln coupe formerly owned by

a member of the Hornets' Nest Region.  It had been

reasonably priced;  she immediately tried to TRIPLE

the price.  When I called, inquiring, and revealed that

I knew about the car, she immediately lied to me,

claiming that she had a different car.

In my opinion, dishonesty should never succeed--

and it won't.

• Like 2

??????????????

Now, WHY would ANYONE piggyback an apparently nice (?) Auburn for sale onto one of the WORST "for sale" screw-ups posted in a year??????

1915, no, 1930-something. CADILLAC! No, Buick. Phaeton! NO sedan. Clearly the OP knows NOTHING about what they have or what they are doing with it.

So why not lose a totally unrelated Auburn onto it? 

Makes NO sense in ANY universe?

Regardless of whether the dealer is honorable or not?

Sorry. I think I had a bad day.

• Like 2