Charlotte

2 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

We paid for trailer parking. Should we be expecting a parking pass in the mail? Time is growing short.

Yes, you did, and the trailer parking pass was mailed last Tuesday.

If you do not receive it before you leave for Concord, come by the judges tent out front and I can take care of it.

What day do you plan to arrive???

Phillip

Trailer parking never actually closes. The trailer parking team leaves around 4:30 p.m. and they close, but do not lock the gate. The folks with self contained mobile homes, tow trucks, etc. still need to go in and out. 

Let me be among the first to congratulate HNR for another great Autofair.  We unfortunately missed most of the swap meet - arrived Thursday PM and went to dinner with friends, then Friday when it was pouring rain and making that famous NC Orange Mud, we chose to do area antique shops and malls.  Made some great discoveries in the face of intense competition from other swap meet folks who chose indoor activities that day.  Our traditional Tidewater Region Friday evening dinner in the Speedway Club was fantastic as always, and wonder of wonders- the rain stopped and left us with a nice day on Saturday.  The sun even made an appearance and I was in my short pants buy lunch-time.  So many fantastic cars on the field and those who did brave the elements in the swap meet reported some nice discoveries there.  We always enjoy Charlotte in the spring and nice weather for the car show this year was compensation for the past two that have been cold, wet, and windy.   Maybe next time I'll get the chance to get into the swap meet.  Thanks to all the HNR folks who worked so hard to make it happen.  We'll be back!

Terry

• Like 2

Guest Mark McAlpine

What an outstanding National!  Kudos and thanks to National (Meet) Chairman Phillip Cole, Chief Judge Dave Bowman, Registration Chair Shirley Carson, and all the members of the HNR for planning and hosting a great show.  As others said, the rain on Friday put a damper on the Charlotte AutoFair swap meet, but the weather was perfect on Thursday and Saturday.  Over 300 vehicles were registered for the show, and, despite some no-shows, most were on the show field and there was a great selection.  Congratulations to all the award winners!

Here are some photos from the car corral and the show.  If you haven't been to the Southeastern Spring National hosted by the HNR every April, you need to make a point of attending next year.  Great antique vehicles, a great swap meet, great car corral, and great barbecue after the awards ceremony on Saturday--what more could you ask for?

IMG_5460.JPG

IMG_5464.JPG

IMG_5543.JPG

IMG_5604.JPG

IMG_5602.JPG

IMG_5613.JPG

IMG_5616.JPG

IMG_5577.JPG

IMG_5647.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5680.JPG

Guest Mark McAlpine

A few more photos for those who couldn't make it to this year's Southeastern Spring National in Charlotte.  

If you've never been to the Charlotte show, you need to come next year.  Even though the Hornets Nest Region has it down to a science (practice makes perfect), every year they somehow find ways to continually improve upon it.  

IMG_5580.JPG

IMG_5591.JPG

IMG_5621.JPG

IMG_5624.JPG

IMG_5630.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5664.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5683.JPG

IMG_5677.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

20 hours ago, AnniesSS said:

Here are our photos, thanks to Joel!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/N49ewtPhs5269NW76

Thanks for posting the photos from Charlotte!

Will you and Joel be able to make it to the National in New Jersey this year? 

I plan to attend the NJ National, The Grand in Auburn as well as Fall Hershey.

Hope to see the two of you sometime this year.

Charlie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, charlier said:

Thanks for posting the photos from Charlotte!

Will you and Joel be able to make it to the National in New Jersey this year? 

I plan to attend the NJ National, The Grand in Auburn as well as Fall Hershey.

Hope to see the two of you sometime this year.

Charlie

No, Hershey will be our next AACA event. We're doing the Hot Rod Power Tour in June 😄

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mark McAlpine

Thanks for posting all the photos, Annie & Joel!  I think you captured almost every vehicle on the show field.

• 3 weeks later...