Vintage Car Radios for sale

Steve Tochi

Hi Everyone,

I just found and joined this great site. 

I have recently came into ownership of approximately 500 radios from 1950's to mid 1970's for predominantly American cars.  They are from a car audio shop of 40 plus years in Hawthorne, CA whereby the owner carefully boxed and labeled the radios when he removed to install "hi fi" systems.  Many appear to be in great shape with faceplates and knobs, some are not.  Some are vacuum tube radios from the late 50's.  I have not inventoried it all, but some of the boxes are labeled with the makes/models like Mopar, Cadillac, Mercury, Studebaker, Buick, Pontiac.   My C1 vette friend said to "look for wonderbars".  I cannot guarantee working condition but if you're looking for a period correct radio to refurbish or parts , there's a chance I may have it. 

I'm trying to avoid the Ebay route so shoot me a message or email at steventochi@outlook.com.

Thanks, enjoy the pictures.

Steve

IMG_4081.JPG

2.6.19 6.jpg

IMG_4028.JPG

Radios  2.jpg

opel 1.jpg

Edited by Steve Tochi (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I found this NIB Motorola aftermarket radio kit, model is GV-800 and believe its from1959. It comes with bezels, hardware, owners manual, speaker and even a warranty card.  I can't find any information on the internet about it, no pics. I found one old advertisement that says "gold plated" push buttons. Its just beautiful and well preserved, just needs a polish, I'm not sure if its really gold plated. Any old timers out there seen it before and can tell me about it?  

IMG_4333.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, kings32 said:

Looking for one for a 1966 ply Fury  . Kings32

I have 1966 model 235,

1967 Model 230

1966 Model 228

1965 Model 224

Take a look at this website and see if any will work for you.  https://sites.google.com/site/identifyingcarradios/home/radios-2/plymouth-1

Shoot me an email and I can send you pics of the ones you want to take a look at.  steventochi@outlook.com

• 1 month later...

this James from ebay on the 64 Fairlane radio  email me at bys_jms@yahoo.com  or text me @317-840-9766  can send payment asap so you can ship   address is James Bays  7388 sandalwood dr Indianapolis IN 46217 if want to start label  thank you, James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For sale, a NIB 1958 Motorola AM pushbutton radio with 24K gold plated knobs, pushbuttons and faceplate. Its a kit and comes with instructions, golden voice speaker, mounting hardware and even a warranty card. It is rare enough that I have never seen an actual image of one other than an advertisement. Probably not big sellers and too much of a luxury back in the day. I just put it on Ebay at $299 but let me know if anyone is interested. Its a beautiful radio and bench tested and plays great.

IMG_5896.JPG

IMG_5892.JPG

IMG_5893.JPG

Hi Steve. You really have a treasure trove of VGC old radios. I noticed earlier that you have several old Cadillac radios, some '50s. Why not organize/list by make & year. If you posted in proper single make car club buy/Sell forums (for example Cadillac & LaSalle Club), I am sure it would be worthwhile and productive. I know you don't have a radio for my '27 Cadillac, so I won't bother to ask. Thanks for helping out so many old car owners !    -   Carl 

• Like 1

Thanks Carl, the "list" is something I've been meaning to get to. I'm having fun, I just pick a radio off the shelf based on a model than interest me, and list it on ebay and see what happens. I've sold about 85 thus far out of 500.  What I've found is anything truck, muscle car and Japanese are really hot right now.  I really do enjoy getting these back out on the street, and I'm making about minimum wage for the hours I put in. 

I did join some model specific forums, without much success, actually some commenters and naysayers about the radios or price I ask.  I've been using Ebay which is sort of a necessary evil and of course they fee you to no end.  Not to placate to the masses here, but AACA buyers have been the best and most appreciative.  Here's a link to one of the radios I have out there, a 1954 Oldsmobile Delco.  You can the click on sellers "other items" and please "follow me".  (I only have one follower at the moment)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392397294904

Oh and I also have "a thousand" or so radio knobs, and inner tone knobs, new and used from the same era cars.  Let me know what knobs you're looking for and pics would be helpful. 

Steve

• 2 years later...