Help identify a tail light lens

AB-Buff

Hi

I need some help identifying this tail light lens, it measures 3.990" at the largest OD (not quite round).  I know there were a few cars in 32-34 that came withe the blue dot configuration.  I also know this is NOT Lincoln, Lincoln is larger.  Any help is appreciated

Thank you!

IMG_5410.jpg

IMG_5411.jpg

12 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Actually, no cars came with blue dot lenses from the factory. That was added later to the lens or it is an aftermarket lens.

1934 Lincoln came fro the factory with Blue dots, I heard Cadillac did to but not sure.  I am 100% sure Lincoln in 34 had the Blue dots.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:37 AM, Johan Boltendal said:

Cadillac of '32 and '33 have this glass with the blue dot from the factory. It is red in some states back then, where blue was not allowed.

This dimension suits a Cadillac . Should you want to sell, please let me know. I'm interested .

jboltendal at hotmail.com

Johan according to Owen this is Packard.

As promised two pictures of an old not cleaned partly damaged one, still in use.  

The diameter from the outside in widest 3.990 next (rim inside size of glass fit ) 2.668 Blue dot opening 1.285

The press of the glass profile is different in the Cadillac glass, compared to the one from the Packard in the picture,

have a look at both glasses closely and you notice the difference in model of print, visible from the outside. 

Also the blue dot in the Cadillac glass serves two purposes, hence the split in the middle, it serves as a backup lens as well as a stoplight lens.

The Packard may have this as well I don't know, the split is visible from the outside picture of The Cadillac glass,  can't recognize it in the Packard picture.

For me it's a Cadillac glass.   Johan

32 Taillight glass (1).JPG

32 Taillight glass (2).JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johan Boltendal said:

As promised two pictures of an old not cleaned partly damaged one, still in use.  

The diameter from the outside in widest 3.990 next (rim inside size of glass fit ) 2.668 Blue dot opening 1.285

The press of the glass profile is different in the Cadillac glass, compared to the one from the Packard in the picture,

have a look at both glasses closely and you notice the difference in model of print, visible from the outside. 

Also the blue dot in the Cadillac glass serves two purposes, hence the split in the middle, it serves as a backup lens as well as a stoplight lens.

The Packard may have this as well I don't know, the split is visible from the outside picture of The Cadillac glass,  can't recognize it in the Packard picture.

For me it's a Cadillac glass.   Johan

32 Taillight glass (1).JPG

32 Taillight glass (2).JPG

Johan

I took a few more photos, this time with a black background.  I also measure the lens again and goth the same numbers (or within .005") as yours as far as the OD, Rim inside and the blue dot.  The blue dot is hard to measure but it look right..  Also if you look at the pattern I concur it is Cadillac.  The 34 Lincoln blue dot has the same blue dot and the same size.  I'm thinking for a big lens like this they were a standard size.

Lynn

IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm new to the forum, so hope I'm asking the right way.  I inherited a 1933 Cadillac 355C from my father a few years ago.  Took it to the Auburn Spring Meet this past May.  The judges questioned the blue dot tail light lenses and it appears I got some points deducted (although did get it's first junior!).  Anyway I was interested to see this thread and wondering where I could find a definitive answer to prove to the judges they were (or were not) original to the car.  Thanks for any help!

Auburn 2018.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I got stopped one night by a young COP who told me "nothing other then an emergency vehicle could display a blue light" and something about

cars never came with them when new.  I told him my car (1934 Ford Tudor) had them when i bought it 20 yeard before, but if he was going to site

me for it, please quote the Statute number, and I would post it in the Antique Car Club newsletter that I was the Editor of.  He spent 5 minutes in

his car and came back & said, He "was only gong to give me a verbal warning this time."

I thought they only gave of a purple light anyway, unlike the lights on his patrol car.

• 3 months later...
On 12/9/2018 at 2:17 PM, Jeff Snook said:

Hey all, I'm new to the forum, so hope I'm asking the right way.  I inherited a 1933 Cadillac 355C from my father a few years ago.  Took it to the Auburn Spring Meet this past May.  The judges questioned the blue dot tail light lenses and it appears I got some points deducted (although did get it's first junior!).  Anyway I was interested to see this thread and wondering where I could find a definitive answer to prove to the judges they were (or were not) original to the car.  Thanks for any help!

Auburn 2018.jpeg

Sorry to hear the judges questioned the tail lens with blue dot.... they are  correct stock original. I find that even the judges at Hershey have no Knowledge of what tail light or HL lenses are correct. The Hershey library does not even have any original lens guides. Take care of those lenses, they are rare to find these days.
beautiful car!