Find the Buick

Elpad

2 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

I'm havin trouble with this one, can you give me a hint?

Guess you found it. Posted on the wrong thread but “ I just love the picture of this Buick” and specially the color.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Elpad said:

Is there a Buick here?

The law of averages tells me there has to be at least one and probably many more.  But I honestly can't say I can identify one for sure.  Great photo -- a treasure trove for today's collectors!

1 hour ago, neil morse said:

The law of averages tells me there has to be at least one and probably many more.  But I honestly can't say I can identify one for sure.  Great photo -- a treasure trove for today's collectors!

I always have a hard time identifying 40’s Buicks that’s why I posed the question. Don’t know the year of the photo but it looks to me cars were scrapped too soon back then, wonder why. The only Buick related identifier I see are what appears to be three portholes in a weird location on the bottom center of that dark car. Weird, could that have been some kind of fad back then?

On 12/29/2020 at 1:34 PM, Elpad said:

I always have a hard time identifying 40’s Buicks that’s why I posed the question. Don’t know the year of the photo but it looks to me cars were scrapped too soon back then, wonder why. The only Buick related identifier I see are what appears to be three portholes in a weird location on the bottom center of that dark car. Weird, could that have been some kind of fad back then?

Found this picture of a Buick in Cuba sporting other than own portholes similar to the Buick on the junkyard. I assume that the one in Cuba were installed as decoration.

5C664D88-7E79-4C3C-96D2-03A04AACC306.jpeg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 50ChevyFrank said:

Sad...  I wonder what year the photograph was made?  I don’t see anything from the 50’s.  Most of them look like they could be driven away from there.   

Can’t save them all, I guess. 

Research shows:  "auto graveyard east of Stoyestown, PA 1955"

Cars appear to have little body damage and only some missing parts; all from the same era (maybe the way the yard inventoried).

• Like 1