'57 Bel-air

1939 Mercury with upgraded sealed beam aftemarket headlights

1956 Buick Riviera

And the horse?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Is a mule

Ben

The rear end looks similar, I guess you can tell by the ears. I heard something about interbreeding between those fellows and a donkey but forgot how it goes.
To keep it in the Automobile context...would that be like a resto mode or a horserod.

Hey Ben since I got your attention, how about W/W tire width for the 50 Super.... 3 or 4”. I’m polling the forum to make a decision

Al

40 minutes ago, Elpad said:

5B0695A8-3931-4981-A5D5-19A46D3CC110.jpegFind the Buick. What a waste of good parts!

I see a 54 at the bottom of the pile and a 53 at the top .

2 hours ago, Elpad said:

The rear end looks similar, I guess you can tell by the ears. I heard something about interbreeding between those fellows and a donkey but forgot how it goes.
To keep it in the Automobile context...would that be like a resto mode or a horserod.

Hey Ben since I got your attention, how about W/W tire width for the 50 Super.... 3 or 4”. I’m polling the forum to make a decision

Al

A mule is a hybrid that comes from mating a female horse with a male donkey.  Because of the difference in chromosomes, the mule is born sterile and cannot reproduce. So much forget good times, bred only to be a work animal.  But Festus rode one in Gunsmoke. Not to be confused with a Hinny which is a hybrid that comes from mating a male horse with a female donkey.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RivNut said:

A mule is a hybrid that comes from mating a female horse with a male donkey.  Because of the difference in chromosomes, the mule is born sterile and cannot reproduce. So much forget good times, bred only to be a work animal.  But Festus rode one in Gunsmoke. Not to be confused with a Hinny which is a hybrid that comes from mating a male horse with a female donkey.

So if the Mule is a work animal is it ok to say mulepower instead of horsepower? now I know why we Spanish descendant people call a “yard dog” tractor a “Mula” (female mule) cause of its power 

Thanks Ed the Vet.

Naw. It's Ed's curiosity and Google.  I get a kick out of Central Missouri State University in Warrensburg, MO. They chose the mule to be their mascot.  Perhaps is has to do with "being as stubborn as a Missouri mule."

5 hours ago, Elpad said:

Al

The ears and the tail. The mule has a longer area from his rump down with  no hair. 

3 inch for me. I have never liked the 4s.  I actually prefer 2 1/2.  

Ben

• Like 1

The American Classic Bias-Look Radial in 820R-15 (and the similar 800R-15) from COKER state a 3-1/4 inch white.

They look, and drive great,

especially on my (Non-Buick) 1941 and 1954 Cadillac convertibles.

16 minutes ago, Elpad said:

3D6EFB73-B3A0-47E3-98CA-F9FB3FBDD640.jpeg

Lots of Studebakers (more than expected).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, old-tank said:

Lots of Studebakers (more than expected).

rightmost row - 1st and 8th cars

middle row - 3rd car is a '49

"fast" row - 10th care is a '41 Buick, and 12th car is a '49

Great pic - thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elpad said:

5C088011-F83A-4088-A80D-2F3D5D45D395.jpeg

Nice shot outside LA's Brown Derby restaurant.

At the far left, the 1947/1948 convertible is just starting through the intersection, while the 1952 Roadmaster (Super?) Riviera is blocking the crosswalk where the group of gentlemen are crossing with the light. Have they just completed their three-martini lunch?

Interesting that the '51 Nash, and the 1937(?) Packard managed to stop behind the crosswalk, or is the ;53 running the light?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, neil morse said:

slipper.thumb.jpg.2a1829da6b649df0bf6af3e391e77436.jpg

Great shot !

At first, I thought there were only 2 Buicks, both left-most cars in the nearest row,

but then looking up that row to the right of the '55 Olds, the DeSoto, and the '50/'49 Chevy, appears to be a '47/'48 Buick sedan (although it could be a Caddy?) hard to tell by the way the fender extension goes into the door,

Then beyond the DeSoto, above the black convertible top of the 1954 Cadillac and directly below the giant slipper,

right in front of the entrance to the Parisian Follies of the SILVER SLIPPER GAMBLING HALL, backed in to the space, appears to be the roof of a 1950-1954 Buick, identifiable only as to the placement of the roof-mounted radio antenna.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 2

They should call you "Marty Sharp Eyes!"  I agree that the 47/48 sedan is ambiguous, but that radio antenna is unmistakable.

• Like 1