Cleaned out shed today - what is it? Bunch of pics

basscaster

Cleaned out the parts shed today from a big lot I car parts lot I bought, and have a few items I could use some help with. Fun day. Look forward to hearing what you think it is, or what it goes to. Have a good hunch on a lot of them, but I know  the real experts are out there.Thanks in advance

008.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

016.JPG

023.JPG

025.JPG

032.JPG

041.JPG

042.JPG

048.JPG

050.JPG

051.JPG

056.JPG

058.JPG

061.JPG

066.JPG

069.JPG

021.JPG

001.JPG

015.JPG

068.JPG

072.JPG

073.JPG

Edited by basscaster (see edit history)

Pic 1- Generic battery top hold downs.

Pic 3- Bearing/Seal slide hammer.

Pic 13- After market automatic trans cooler.

Pic 15- Small block Chevrolet water pump (283, 327).

Pic 20- Brake shoe springs

I would not hesitate to toss a lot of that merchandise into the scrap metal recycle just to make my life simpler. Of course I'm not talking about the starter and the water pump. Pipe wrenches you may be able to sell for $1 to $2 if you're lucky. Railroad spikes I have no idea; they could be worth something for all I know.

• Like 1

I tossed quote a bit. Probably going to keep only a few of the tools. Spikes are one of those things I always see at antique shops, but I dont want to pay $5 each for. So I will hang onto a few of those. But I agree, most is scrapped. The scrapper weighed 1800 pounds today...

The grease gun is just like a Sears Craftsman I've had for about 40 years - handed down from my Father.

Yours is missing the end fitting that latches onto grease fittings (replacements can be bought ). The one I have has the original swivel end on it that when you pull back a spring-loaded inner half of the fitting the outer half can turn sideways up to 90 degrees.

Picture nineteen is a battery service tote. Use to see them in gas stations back when they were "service stations" and had attendants that would also check all under the hood while you were getting gas.  It held fresh (hopefully) battery water and the rubber bulb syringe to put water in the cells that's still in yours,  terminal cleaning tools, hydrometer (still in it), and a cell testing amp gauge - everything needed to check over and service the battery in the car.

Paul

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I remember Ruglyde very well, from 40 years ago when I was a young tire mounting kid at a local Goodyear store. It is used to lubricate the beads of stiff tires to make them easier to mount without tearing, and for tires which must be mounted by hand. 

That thing in the cardboard box with the fins and tubes is an auxiliary transmission cooler. VERY useful if you want to use a vehicle for towing or hauling heavy loads uphill; especially if that vehicle was not factroy-equipped with a "trailering package." Hot rodders like them too. 

I would love to buy that little tool box labeled "Plomb." I have a few scattered tools of that brand lying around. 

It would be interesting to see better photos of that screw jack too. 

I wish I were there to help you dig all that stuff out. I LOVE treasure hunting through old piles of "stuff." Not sure why, but I love it! 

• Like 2

Your pics look all to familiar to me. ?‍♀️ At least you enjoy digging through it all. I personally can’t wait to sell the last garage and will be completely happy if I never see an old part or tool that I have to identify for the rest of my life. 

OTOH, I’m sure glad there are guys still out there that do know about this stuff because they have been a huge help to me.