Sheet Metal Forming Needed

Hi Steve...can't seem to open up the pictures, but have a master metal craftsman here in Winchester, he can make just about anything.  If you can't find someone closer to home, let me know, will be glad to work as a go between, or I can PM his name and number and you can work directly.  He's at $50 an hour, but he gives honest hours work for the bucks..... david.coco@comcast.net

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JACK M said:

Which TV show does this remind me of ?

Most of em.  LOL

My first thought, as well. The pictures need a "flashcard effect" and some has been '80's rock.

Good luck with the parts. Someone must have already said "That's not gonna be cheap."

What ever did happen to those TV producers whom snuggled up to the AACA a while back. Don't hear much about it.

Bernie

Thanks all, David reminded us we have a good friend in Virginia who is going to handle it and quickly as well.  Why we did not go to him earlier I do not know but it is what it is.  Have the parts in my Suburban and we will get them down to Paul Rose and try to get this project finished.  Main portion of the roof is being rolled locally.  Kind of a mess as the roof is not square but we will make it fit!!

1 hour ago, 61polara said:

I see great progress!  Thanks Steve

I'm obviously not in the loop, because I don't even know what the object of progress is.  Is there a build log somewhere on another forum?  If so, I'd appreciate a link.

Cheers,

Grog

There's no log nor thread.  The sheet metal pieces look almost like a trailer fender, as Steve mentions are "caps" so I'm assuming they fit on the front and back top of the bookmobile being restored. That's just a guess.

Paul has a very nice shop, and does great work, so the job is going to a good place......

Steve,

Could you post the pictures that we could not open, making the whole discussion understandable to the rest of us?  Is this one for the Hill Climb or the auction at Hershey? Or a custom bodied show car?  Sounds interesting but a mystery without the pictures.

52 minutes ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Steve,

Could you post the pictures that we could not open, making the whole discussion understandable to the rest of us?  Is this one for the Hill Climb or the auction at Hershey? Or a custom bodied show car?  Sounds interesting but a mystery without the pictures.

Paul,

Click on the dropbox link in the 5th post in the discussion. You will see all of Steve's sheet metal photos from the bookmobile project.

20 hours ago, Tim Wolfe said:

Steve, Mark at D&D Classic Restoration in Covington, Ohio does excellent work and teaches metal forming. When you pick up the rest of the books in Sidney, I would be happy to take you to his shop and introduce you.  

A master and a gentleman for sure!